SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday eased back by US$65 per TEU to $1,084 per TEU, 86 per...
- A-E rates off US$65 to US$1,084 per TEU, USWC stable at $3,841/FEU
- Global container ship companies cash in on higher rates: Fitch
NEW York-headquartered ratings agency Fitch Ratings says the recent increase in spot container freight rates, driven by shipping companies'...
- Hapag-Lloyd's CE warns of longer-term Covid-19 impact on global economy
GERMAN container shipping firm Hapag-Lloyd is benefitting from a rebound in transport demand but its chief executive, Rolf Habben Jansen, warned...
- Global freight forwarding market to shrink by 10.2 per cent in 2020
UK's Transport Intelligence's (Ti's) latest projections for 2020 show that global freight forwarding market will contract by 10
- Fresh drop in commercial flights adds to jet fuel glut concerns
With Autumn arriving, the world's oil refineries struggle with a glut of jet fuel that's crushing profitability, reports London's Air...
- Charter rates soar with old panamaxes fetching top dollar
CONTAINERSHIP charter rates continue to soar against a backdrop of tight supply across most sectors, reports London's Loadstar
- A-E rates off 1.6pc to US$1,149/TEU, USWC off 0.12pc at $3,848/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday fell 1
- Covid vaccine delivery will take 2 years before full distribution
AIR Cargo executives say they expect it will take two years for a vaccine to reach all of the world's population, reports the Wall Street Journal
- International air freight volumes continue to fall, says IATA
AIR FREIGHT volumes fell nearly 13 per cent worldwide in August compared to last year reports the International Air Transport Association (IATA),...
- National Airlines calls up three freighters in response to capacity crunch
AMERICA's go-anywhere-anytime carriers National Airlines and National Air Cargo are bringing the first relief materials to cyclone-hit Mozambique
- Miami's Magaya buys rate management provider Catapult
MIAMI logistics provider Magaya Corporation has announced that it has acquired Catapult, a leader in freight rate management software
- Transpacific carriers add extra loaders as US west coast imports soar
TRANSPACIFIC ocean carriers have deployed extra loaders in response to peak season demand and record container spot rates, reports London's...
- China's weekly export container shipping index increases 1.5pc
CHINA's index of export container transport went up in the past week, according to the Shanghai Shipping Exchange, reports Xinhua
- FMC told it has no authority to deal with ATA's chassis complaint
THE US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has been told by container lines that it has no authority to adjudicate an American Trucking Associations...
- Annual peak air cargo season at full tilt all the way to Christmas
THE peak season is in full swing for international air freight when shippers pay more for less, reports New York's FreightWaves
- Shipowners 'see dollar signs' as charter market soars
THE latest Alphaliner idle tonnage report shows that a further 65 vessels, for a total of 155,350 TEU, have found employment in the past two weeks,...
- Air cargo recovery in India driven by perishables, pharma and e-commerce
MUMBAI International Airport (MIAL) handled 72,000 tonnes of general cargo between April and August, a staggering 278 per cent increase over the same...
- A-E rates off 0.27pc to $1,076/TEU, USWC off 0.28pc at $3,845/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday fell 0
- T S Lines H1 profits soar 50pc on rising rates, increased volumes and falling costs
TAIWANESE vessel operator T S Lines announced that net profits for the first half of 2020 surged 50 per cent year on year to TWD1
- FMC warns of court action if there are signs of 'collusion' on transpacific trade
US ocean regulator the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has fired a warning shot across the bows of container shipping lines, saying it will head to...