Reacting to news of the Arctic summer sea ice minimum reaching its second lowest extent in the 42-year satellite record on September 15, and to...
- Arctic Sea Ice Loss: World Leaders Must Arrest Arctic Climate Change Impacts!
- Seafarers are facing a Covid-driven humanitarian crisis!
Thousands of mariners are unable to sign off from their ships, causing considerable mental agony to them and their families
- Volga-Dnepr Group H1 revenue up 40pc
RUSSIA'S Volga-Dnepr Group reported that total revenue across its three airlines - Volga-Dnepr Airlines, AirBridgeCargo Airlines (ABC) and ATRAN...
- Box throughput at eight major Chinese ports up 7pc in early September
STATISTICS released by China Ports and Harbours Association show that container volume at eight major Chinese ports increased 7
- Viking ship runs aground off Finland, all passengers evacuated!
A ferry operated by Finnish company Viking Line has run aground in the Åland Islands waters between Finland and Sweden, Finnish authorities said.
- ICTSI handles imports at La Plata that now rival Buenos Aires
NOW that reefer facilities have opened in TecPlata, logistics services now rival what is available 60 kilometres away from Beunos Aires, notes...
- TS Lines places US$91m order for four box ships at Huangpu Wenchong
TAIWANESE intra-Asia carrier TS Lines has commissioned the building of up to four 1,900 TEU containerships with a price tag of US$22
- Welding work causes another Beirut port fire
FOLLOWING last month's explosion that killed 200 and injured thousand, another fire at the troubled Port of Beirut has broken out, with locals...
- Global container shipping had its best second quarter since 2010
THE container shipping industry made US$2
- Work starts on world's first large box ship LNG conversion
CHINA's Shanghai Huarun Dadong Dockyard has started the US$30 million retrofit of Hapag-Lloyd's 15,000-TEU Sajir to use LNG as fuel in what...
- Mitsubishi SOx installs scrubbers on 22 box ships and tankers
JAPAN's Mitsubishi Shipbuilding says its DIA-SOx marine scrubbers have been installed on 22 ships during the last eight months, reports New...
- LNG is the only way to decarbonisation, say LNG promoters
LNG (liquid natural gas) is touted as the only viable way to the decarbonisation of world shipping, says SEA-LNG chairman Peter Keller, announcing...
- Broker opts for CO2 tax as less costly than LNG conversion
GIVEN officialdom's decarbonisation drive one of two options have emerged to meet UN regulations - one is to mandate costly carbon-free fuels or...
- Homesick sailors' internet link caused Mauritius grounding
A SEARCH for an internet link during the celebration of a crewman's birthday appears to have been the cause of the 203,130-dwt Panamanian-flagged...
- Eco-study finds proposed IMO Arctic bunker ban 'no ban at all'
A PROPOSED UN Arctic polluting fuel ban has come under attack for not being strict enough, reports EURACTIV Media Network of Brussels
- CMA CGM profit up 26.3pc to US$1.2 billion as sales fall 9pc
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM's second quarter operating profit increased 26
- Huanghua port to boost annual cargo capacity by 33 million tonnes
CHINA's Huanghua port in Hebei province has started construction of six terminal projects, which will bring another 33 million tonnes cargo...
- Box ships surpass tankers with fitted scrubbers: BIMCO
CONTAINERSHIPS with a total cargo carrying capacity of 5
- DSME and KSOE merger gets the nod from Singapore's competition authority
The Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (CCCS) has cleared the proposed merger between two South Korean shipyards, Korea Shipbuilding &...
- U.S. targets Chinese individuals, companies!
The United States on Wednesday blacklisted 24 Chinese companies and targeted individuals it said were part of construction and military actions in...