THE Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) plans to construct an administration block and create more facilities at the Naivasha dry port as usage of the...
- Kenya insists on dry port use over Ugandan objections
- Nairobi depot surges 62pc to 418,830 TEU as Mombasa ups capacity
CARGO volumes handled at the Inland Container Deport-Nairobi (ICDN) rose by 62
- Mombasa to receive 17 new box carriers to boost handling capacity
THE Port of Mombasa is to take delivery of 17 new container carriers that will be able to discharge 9,700 TEU and load 11,817 TEU
- Kenya's Mombasa port hits record box throughput of 1.4 million TEU in 2019
KENYA port of Mombasa has achieved record container handling of 1
- Mombasa port handles one million TEU by September
NAIROBI's Port of Mombasa handled a record one million TEU by September 16, putting it on track to top this year's target of 1
- First phase of Kenya's new mega port in Lamu to open in December
LAMU port in Kenya that is being constructed by China Communication Construction Company is scheduled to begin operations in December when it...
- CMA CGM hikes Pakistan-East Africa rate US$100/TEU November 20
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will levy a US$100 rate increase on all cargo from Pakistan to Kenya and Tanzania on November 20
- Mombasa port to surpass 1.3m TEU this year: KPA boss
THE Port of Mombasa is on track to achieve its target of 1
- IMO alerts shipping industry about false piracy warnings
THE International Maritime Organization (IMO) said piracy incident warnings from an email account of the Regional Maritime Information Sharing Centre...
- Mombasa port earns US$450m as rail freight ramps up business
THE outlook for Mombasa port is showing signs of improvement as a modernisation project and the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) is generating more...
- Maersk is Mombasa port's top customer, with 35pc of 2018 box volume
THE Kenya Ports Authority's (KPA) vessel-calling report shows that Denmark's Maersk Line topped the list with a 35 per cent share of...
- Still a way to go, but East African ports catching up to South Africa
EAST African port earnings grew between 2013 and 2017, as their southern African rivals slipped, a new report reveals, reports Nairobi's East...
- East, S Africa & India Ocean box trade to recover from slowdown: study
DYNAMAR's study, East and Southern Africa (worldwide) Container Trades 2019, has found that South Africa has returned to growth after floundering...
- Kenya ports see 50,000 TEUers ahead as digitisation is introduced
THE Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) plans on digitising its primary services to sharpen its competitive edge, Nairobi's Business Daily reported
- CMA GGM hikes rate US$150/TEU from India west coast to East Africa
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will levy a general rate increase of US$150 per TEU from India to East Africa from March 1, the Marseilles-based...
- Port of Mombasa aims to handle 1.6m TEU by 2022 by cutting turnaround time
THE Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) is targeting to improve efficiency at the Port of Mombasa to boost cargo handling capacity to 1
- Homes to be flattened as Mombasa makes way for shipping routes
HOUSES in Mombasa and Kilifi counties in Kenya are to be knocked down, obstacles that have been blocking container shipping routes and navigational...
- Kenyan appeals court halts petition over who runs Port of Mombasa
KENYA's Court of Appeal is halting proceedings of the petition filed in Mombasa by three residents with regards to handing over the management of...
- CMA CGM cuts Asia-Mogadishu service transit time by 'two days'
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has announced an up to two-day improvement in shipping between Asia and Mogadishu, Somalia
- An update from the International Port Welfare Partnership (IPWP) programme
The International Port Welfare Partnership (IPWP) programme is an ISWAN project managed by the Merchant Navy Welfare Board (MNWB). It aims to...