DHL Global Forwarding (GH) has launched a thrice-weekly charter service from Chitose in Japan to Hong Kong in order to serve scallop producers in the...
- HK's appetite for scallops satisfied by charter services from Japan
- IATA: Air cargo picked up in May, demand still weak
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported air cargo volume fell 20
- Governments must protect trapped seafarers' human rights
As the Covid-19 pandemic and the travel restrictions put in place to attempt containment drag on, around 200,000 merchant seafarers are trapped...
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding clinches new orders worth US$102m
CHINA's Yangzijiang Shipbuilding announced it has secured new shipbuilding orders for four vessels worth about SGD141
- Nansha port bucks trend with more ship calls and boom in intra-Asia services
GUANGZHOU China's port of Nansha is bucking the downturn trend among container terminals this year, and looks to emerge as the big winner from...
- Cranfield Research sees a smaller, slow recovery in air transport industry
RESEARCH led by the UK's Cranfield University, in Bedfordshire, has found that the Covid 19 pandemic will lead to a smaller, more consolidated...
- EU efforts to soothe transatlantic trade tensions with US have stalled
US elections mean any breakthrough in European will likely be delayed until after November, says the EU's trade chief Phil Hogan, reports...
- Air France offers employees voluntarily buyouts to cut overhead
AIR France is offering incentives to 8,300 staffers who voluntarily quit to cut costs without causing a political backlash, Bloomberg reports
- Oakland May laden box volume down 12.7pc as expected
THE Port of Oakland loaded container volume decreased 12
- China Eastern to make Hainan home base for new airline
CHINA Eastern has joined with the country's biggest online travel agency Trip
- Flying pigs to China: Times never better for Volga-Dnepr air cargo sales
COVID-19 has wreaked havoc on commercial aviation, but Alexey Isaykin's cargo carrier is fully loaded - with live swine
- China to take 'necessary measures' on US blacklist without saying what
BEIJING said it will take 'necessary measures' to safeguard the interests of domestic companies after fresh US restrictions emerged on a...
- APMT's Vietnam terminal to serve 2M Alliance's TP17 service
VIETNAM's Cai Mep International Terminal (CMIT), has welcomed the maiden call of the TP17 service deployed by 2M Alliance and in doing so secured...
- Airfreight demand declines in April: AAPA
THE Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (PA) has revealed that airfreight markets 'remained active but were affected by weakening demand',...
- Covid-19 could curtail express market growth this year to 4.5pc
THE global express and parcels market could contract by as much as 4
- Meds top priority in India lockdown, perishables fly later
THERE is no domestic movement of perishables - flowers and vegetables - from Coimbatore International Airport that serves India's cities and...
- Australia to consider going to WTO to protest China's barley tariffs
AUSTRALIA will consider approaching the World Trade Organisation (WTO) after China announced anti-dumping and anti-subsidy duties totaling 80
- ClassNK gives NYK go-ahead for autonomous ship development framework
JAPANESE shipping giant NYK and its group company, MTI Co Ltd, have received approval in principle for an autonomous ship framework that is currently...
- DHL eCommerce increases 36pc in 5 weeks because of pandemic
DHL eCommerce, a division of Deutsche Post DHL, has experienced e-commerce volumes rise to holiday peak levels as consumers shop for health,...
- "Washington's aggressive naval posturing continues despite pandemic"