DANISH shipping giant AP Moller-Maersk A/S has raised its full-year guidance amid a surprise recovery in demand and sweeping efforts to cut costs
- Maersk revises upwards full-year financial forecast
- LB's new Gerald Desmond Bridge has 33pc more capacity
THE Port of Long Beach replaced the Gerald Desmond Bridge with a structure that will provide 33 per cent more capacity, reports San Gabriel Valley...
- Annual peak air cargo season at full tilt all the way to Christmas
THE peak season is in full swing for international air freight when shippers pay more for less, reports New York's FreightWaves
- Russia's dominance of the world wheat exports keeps growing
RUSSIA has gone from being reliant on wheat imports to accounting for a fifth of global sales, as its soils generate bigger harvests at lower prices,...
- Cainiao links up with BEST to boost China-Malaysia e-commerce services
ALIBABA's logistics arm Cainiao is to partner BEST Inc, a leading integrated smart supply chain solutions and logistics services provider from...
- E-commerce growth leads to rise in shipping and investments: CMA CGM chief
THE head of French shipping giant CMA CGM says the future of the world's fourth-largest container line will increasingly be built on e-commerce
- Maersk's APM Terminals plans to invest in Pipavav port
MAERSK's APM Terminals Pipavav has approved a major IRS7 billion (US$94
- Congestion free Louisiana port looks to docking 23,000-TEUers
LOUISIANA's Port of Plaquemines plans a 1,000-acre site capable of handling up to three 23,000-TEU ships, with an annual capacity of two million...
- Major carriers rush to charter bigger ships to capitalise on rate surge
MAJOR carriers are rushing to charter larger containerships to take advantage of skyrocketing freight rates caused by a spike in demand across major...
- Box ships surpass tankers with fitted scrubbers: BIMCO
CONTAINERSHIPS with a total cargo carrying capacity of 5
- Korea's state-owned HMM posts its first quarterly profit in five years
SOUTH Korean shipping giant Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) posted a second quarter net profit - its first in five years - of KRW28
- Increasing use of digital air cargo bookings despite Covid-19 outbreak
THE use of air cargo online booking portals looks set to increase over the coming months, despite a slowdown in growth during the height of the PPE...
- Chennai reduces port charges to rival Kattupalli and Krishnapatnam
CHENNAI Port Trust (ChPT) has offered increased concessions to feeders that containers that transship at Chennai to and from bigger ships from...
- Oakland's big container terminal to receive giant cranes from ZPMC
THE Port of Oakland has announced that three cranes able to load the world's largest container ships will soon be coming from Shanghai's ZPMC...
- Melbourne moves from 4,500-TEUers to 10,662-TEU CMA CGM Ural
THE Port of Melbourne has docked its biggest box ship ever - the 10,662-TEU Ural, reports the UK's Port Strategy
- South Carolina to open first new US box terminal in 11 years
THE South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA), in adopting its annual budget, announced the opening of the first new US container terminal in 11 years,...
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- LA-LB rise to the challenge to handle mega-ships, but landside pressures remain
TERMINAL operators in Los Angeles-Long Beach have this month demonstrated their ability to handle record container exchanges in a single vessel call
- ANALYSIS: LNG fails to answer shipping's big energy transition!
LNG has the shipping industry's attention as the next step to meeting climate change goals. It's already being...
- PIL seeks lifeline from Temasek Investment to stay afloat
SINGAPORE-BASED Pacific International Lines is in talks with an arm of the Lion City's sovereign-wealth fund Temasek Holdings over a potential...