EXPRESS delivery giant Deutsche Post DHL's second quarter operating profit rose 16 per cent to EUR890 million (US$1
- DHL 2Q operating profit up 16pc to US$1 billion after revenue loss
- Macao's air cargo declines 19pc in May to 2,525 tonnes, says DSEC
AIR cargo totalled 2,525 tonnes in May in Macao, a drop of 19pc The gross weight of inward cargo and transit cargo slumped 71
- Melbourne moves from 4,500-TEUers to 10,662-TEU CMA CGM Ural
THE Port of Melbourne has docked its biggest box ship ever - the 10,662-TEU Ural, reports the UK's Port Strategy
- IATA: Air cargo picked up in May, demand still weak
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported air cargo volume fell 20
- Asia-Europe 1.3pc to US$886/TEU, USWC off 3.1pc to $2,669/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday increased 1
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo to boost cargo-only PAX flights by 33pc
FOLLOWING the success of its cargo-only passenger aircraft flights (PAX) programme in May, Virgin Atlantic Cargo has announced that it is increasing...
- Rail freight from Yiwu to Madrid soars 75pc
A MAJOR China-Europe freight train route linking Yiwu in Zhejiang Province and Madrid in Spain has seen deliveries surge 72 per cent in the first...
- Turkey's UZMAR to build new eco-friendly tug
The Port of Aarhus has just invested in a new tug for approx. 45 million crowns (6.7 Millions USD). The tug is far more environmentally friendly...
- Rate gains help Zim's first quarter losses narrow down by 49pc
AN increase in the average freight rate per TEU carried by Israeli container shipping line, Zim Integrated Shipping Services in the first quarter...
- Annual Digital Excellence in Shipping Forum Conference June 16 - 17
THE 10th Annual Digital Capital Link Operational Excellence in Shipping Forum will be held digitally from 10:50 am - 4:30 pm on Tuesday and Wednesday...
- Box ship sailings' schedule reliability falls to 68pc in Q1
CONTAINERSHIP sailings' schedule reliability in the first quarter fell to 67
- Cathay Group cargo decreases 9.6pc in February - 9.2pc in 2020
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific Dragon Group reported that cargo volume in February fell 9
- S Korea is again world's leading shipbuilder despite massive drop in orders
SOUTH Korea once again ranks supreme as the world's top shipbuilding nation, based on the number of shipbuilding orders received in February and...
- William Flynn is named new Amtrak president and COO
WILLIAM Flynn is to become Amtrak's new president and chief operating officer from mid-April
- 4,662-TEUer taken in tow after 24-hours adrift, resumes voyage
THE 4,662-TEU Panamanian flagged MSC Fabienne was been taken under tow by 1,811-dwt French fire-fighting ship Abeille Bourbon, reported Kiev's...
- Lunar New Year pulls down global airfreight traffic by 4pc
THE global air cargo market saw a four per cent year-over-year decline in the four weeks between January 6 and February 2, according to CLIVE Data...
- New York/New Jersey port tops Long Beach for loaded containers
THE port of New York and New Jersey has become the second busiest container port in terms of loaded container volumes, pushing the port of Long Beach...
- Misdeclared shipment of shisha charcoal could have ignited Yantian Express fire
GERMANY's Federal Bureau of Maritime Casualty Investigation has released a 73-page report probing the blaze that engulfed Hapag-Lloyd's...
- ONE expects quarterly loss of US$49m but optimistic of full-year profit
JAPANESE shipping company ONE anticipates a US$49 million loss for the current quarter, on the back of weak demand following the Chinese Lunar New...
- Kazakhstan transit goods up 23pc in 2019 valued at US$1.2 billion
TRANSIT of goods through Kazakhstan grew 23 per cent to 664,000 TEU and total transit revenues for Kazakhstan reached more than KZT450 billion (US$1