FIRST quarter laden container volume at Ghana's two seaports, Tema and Takoradi,increased 12
- Ghana: First quarter cargo traffic rose by 12.6pc to 166,685 TEU
- China to make good threat to ban all solid waste imports in 2021
CHINA, ending off years of tightening curbs, will ban all imports of solid waste from next year after spending decades as the world's largest...
- HMM names world's largest box ship 'HMM Hamburg'
SOUTH Korea's HMM has held a naming ceremony for the world's largest container ship, the HMM Hamburg, at Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine...
- LA-LB terminal operators to put up gate fees by 4.2pc from August 1
TERMINAL operators at Los Angeles-Long Beach ports are to increase the traffic mitigation fee (TMF) used to fund night and weekend gates at the port...
- YTO inks agreement for planned huge Jiaxing air cargo hub
CHINESE express firm YTO's plan for a huge CNY6
- USDA confirms big US soybean sales to China as buying flurry continues
US exporters reported sales of 720,000 tonnes of soybeans to China, the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) said as active purchases by the...
- Nansha port bucks trend with more ship calls and boom in intra-Asia services
GUANGZHOU China's port of Nansha is bucking the downturn trend among container terminals this year, and looks to emerge as the big winner from...
- EU efforts to soothe transatlantic trade tensions with US have stalled
US elections mean any breakthrough in European will likely be delayed until after November, says the EU's trade chief Phil Hogan, reports...
- China crucial to Australia's post-Covid-19 recovery: Oz uni study
CHINA is poised for a speedy economic recovery, positioning itself to help Australia do the same, according to a report posted by the University of...
- FAA releases plan to review aircraft designs after two fatal crashes
THE Federal Aviation Administration (F) released a multi-stepped plan on how to review aircraft designs after two fatal crashes on Boeing...
- Salvors save 2.3M tonnes of pollution!
Emergency towage tugs and salvage companies saved 214 vessels from danger in 2019 and prevented environmental pollution worldwide.
- April reduction in air freight largest since 2009 recession
THE Freight Transportation Services Index (TSI), based on the amount of freight carried by the for-hire transportation, fell 7
- Shanghai tops all, Singapore No 2, HK now No 7 box port
THE Port of Shanghai maintained its top ranking at the busiest container port in the world, reporting a 4
- Sanmar delivers another RAmparts 2400SX ASD to Rimorchiatori Salerno
Sanmar Shipyards recently delivered a RAmparts 2400SX Class ASD Tugboat to Rimorchiatori Salerno Srl. Rimorchiatori Salerno S.r.l is part of leading...
- Development Towards Smart Port!
"We are aiming to make the Port Gdynia develop in the Smart direction, so the digitisation of the truck traffic management system is absolutely...
- US Asian imports fall in May after April dip, no pick-up seen till August
US IMPORTS from Asia fell 18
- US sanctions on Iran shipping companies come into effect
US sanctions on a large Iranian shipping company and its subsidiary came into effect on Monday, as relations continued to simmer between Tehran and...
- Federal court backs New Jersey's bid to end NY Waterfront Commission
A FEDERAL appeals court has ruled in favour of New Jersey pulling out of the old crime-fighting Waterfront Commission that now oversees longshore...
- HMM Algeciras becomes world's largest megaship to arrive in Europe
THE 24,000 TEU-class HMM Algeciras arrived in Rotterdam setting a new record as the largest ship to enter a European port
- E-commerce airfreight volumes the 'saviour' for last-mile logistics firms
AS much as PPE shipments have become the mainstay for air cargo during the pandemic, e-commerce volumes have also broken records