AIR cargo rates declines out of Shanghai have shown signs of stabilising over the last week, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Shanghai air cargo rate fall shows signs of slowing on TAC Index
- Ports need US$13 billion upgrade as shippers reshore from China
CONTAINER terminals in Southeast Asia may need to invest up to US$13 billion to keep pace with expected supply chain diversification from China,...
- Melbourne moves from 4,500-TEUers to 10,662-TEU CMA CGM Ural
THE Port of Melbourne has docked its biggest box ship ever - the 10,662-TEU Ural, reports the UK's Port Strategy
- Emirates SkyCargo marks 30 years of Singapore operations
EMIRATES SkyCargo is celebrating 30 years of operations in Singapore during which it has facilitated trade and supported business links between...
- Ghana: First quarter cargo traffic rose by 12.6pc to 166,685 TEU
FIRST quarter laden container volume at Ghana's two seaports, Tema and Takoradi,increased 12
- Cai Mep ready to gain from supply chain exit from China
VIETNAM's Cai Mep-Thi Vai container port, which now routinely handles 14,000 - 16,000-TEUers, recently saw the maiden call of 2M's TP17...
- Italy migrant crisis!
Italy migrant crisis: 180 migrants allowed off rescue ship
- CMA CGM seeks investment opportunities in Africa
WITH African nations seeing a record growth rate of 5 per cent over the past decade, French shipping giant CMA CGM has turned its focus to the...
- OOCL restores two transpacific sailings cancelled in June
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has restored two transpacific sailings that were cancelled on June 18
- BOSPHORUS SHIPBROKERS’ DINNER RE-SCHEDULED FOR 18 JUNE 2021
5th Bosphorus Shipbrokers’ Dinner has been re-postponed from the 16th October 2020 to the 18th June 2021 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and...
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- Threat of US-Europe trade war sparks off more transatlantic blankings
2M partners Maersk and MSC have extended the suspension of their TA4/NEUATL4 transatlantic loop through to September
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- SANMAR: Out with the Old, In with the New
Sanmar have decided to discontinue with Dogancay and Ulupinar Series which to date have accounted for 31, 26 and 20 units built and delivered...
- Qatar Cargo volume boosted by bellyhold and freighter operations
QATAR Airways Cargo has continued to head the market in April as volumes hit 900 million cargo tonne kilometres (CTK), according to IATA data,...
- LA-LB rise to the challenge to handle mega-ships, but landside pressures remain
TERMINAL operators in Los Angeles-Long Beach have this month demonstrated their ability to handle record container exchanges in a single vessel call
- Yang Ming wants to own more ships to cut chartering costs: chairman
TAIWANESE shipping line Yang Ming Marine Transport (YM) wants to increase the proportion of owned capacity in its fleet, from the current 30 per cent...
- 2M Asia-Europe 'inducement' loop starts loading as rates hold steady
2M partners Maersk and MSC started loading their inducement Asia-North Europe loop service in China last week, as bookings and freight rates remain...
- LA's APM Terminals Pier 400 sets new world box-handling record
THE Port of Los Angeles' APM Terminals Pier 400 has handled a record-setting 18,465 container moves from the 23,656 TEU MSC Isabella, the largest...
- Oil tankers carrying two months of Venezuelan output stuck at sea
Tankers carrying nearly two months’ worth of Venezuelan oil output are stuck at sea as global refiners shun the nation’s crude to avoid...