Globally many thousands of seafarers are stuck on their ships. They cannot go home because of the coronavirus crisis and the situation is creating a...
- Sailors around the world stranded because of coronavirus pandemic
- North Korean cooking oil fire seen from China destroys train, warehouse
A FIRE at a railway station in the North Korean city of Sinuiju destroyed a freight train carrying hundreds of tons of cooking oil from China and a...
- Port of Marseille Fos to invest US$64.5 million to promote recovery
THE Port of Marseille Fos posted a 15 per cent year-on-year decline in overall cargo volume in the first half while container throughput fell 17 per...
- Two-way China-Europe rail volume exceeds 50,000 TEU monthly
TWICE the box volume - 52,500 TEU - was posted for the China-Europe rail route in May than the same month the year before by the United Transport and...
- Air freight rates rise to pre-Covid level as fuel prices increase to new levels
AIR freight rates have returned to mid-March levels as jet fuel prices continue to rise, according to London's Loadstar
- LNG drives Northern Sea Route H1 transits up 1.1pc to 14.5 million tonnes
SHIPMENTS on the Northern Sea Route increased 1
- United warns 36,000 US-based employees of apprehended layoffs
UNITED Airlines has notified 36,000 of its US employees, or 45 per cent of its workforce, that their jobs are at risk after federal payroll aid...
- Shanghai air cargo rate fall shows signs of slowing on TAC Index
AIR cargo rates declines out of Shanghai have shown signs of stabilising over the last week, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Ports need US$13 billion upgrade as shippers reshore from China
CONTAINER terminals in Southeast Asia may need to invest up to US$13 billion to keep pace with expected supply chain diversification from China,...
- Melbourne moves from 4,500-TEUers to 10,662-TEU CMA CGM Ural
THE Port of Melbourne has docked its biggest box ship ever - the 10,662-TEU Ural, reports the UK's Port Strategy
- Iskenderun Ship Management Expands Its Fleet!
İskenderun Ship Management announced that a new ship was bought by shipowner Engineer İbrahim Mazman and his family to be operated within the...
- Emirates SkyCargo marks 30 years of Singapore operations
EMIRATES SkyCargo is celebrating 30 years of operations in Singapore during which it has facilitated trade and supported business links between...
- Ghana: First quarter cargo traffic rose by 12.6pc to 166,685 TEU
FIRST quarter laden container volume at Ghana's two seaports, Tema and Takoradi,increased 12
- CMA CGM seeks investment opportunities in Africa
WITH African nations seeing a record growth rate of 5 per cent over the past decade, French shipping giant CMA CGM has turned its focus to the...
- Fewer late vessels in May, but degree of delays increasing: Sea-Intelligence
CONTAINER shipping consultancy Sea-Intelligence says container shipping schedule reliability improved by 5
- Seafarers still stranded at sea, and more test positive!
Shipping groups and seafarer unions are desperately trying to convince governments to allow crew the right to transit after work contracts expire....
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- Cosco about to complete planned scrubber installations
CHINA's Cosco Shipping Lines (Cosco) is about to complete scrubber installations, a plan that was announced in 2019
- Qantas launches US$1.3billion placement and axes 6,000 jobs
AUSTRALIA's Qantas Airways has launched an AUD1
- Nansha port bucks trend with more ship calls and boom in intra-Asia services
GUANGZHOU China's port of Nansha is bucking the downturn trend among container terminals this year, and looks to emerge as the big winner from...