THE Port of Shanghai maintained its top ranking at the busiest container port in the world, reporting a 4
- Shanghai tops all, Singapore No 2, HK now No 7 box port
- CMA CGM levies US$200/TEU Asia-E Africa rate hike June 15
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM is to implement a rate restoration programme mid-June on its Asia to East Africa trade
- Marine Pilot Survives Pilot Ladder Accident at Port of Durban
On Tuesday, a South African marine pilot narrowly escaped injury after a rope ladder broke while he was disembarking the ship in Durban's harbor.
- CMA CGM scraps peak season surcharge for E Med, Black Sea to Indian Subcontinent
CMA CGM is cancelling its peak season surcharge (PSS) of US$200 per dry container that was introduced on March 15, starting from May 1
- Sri Lanka signs agreement to build new harbour at Colombo's North Port
THE Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA) will conduct a feasibility study into the development of the Colombo North Port, as it looks to substantially...
- Luxembourg seeks to boost economic ties with Sri Lanka
LUXEMBOURG aims to boost economic cooperation with Sri Lanka, with its Minister of Foreign and European Affairs Jean Asselborn leading a delegation...
- Oman Air expects cargo to drive revenues when new facility is built
OMAN AIR has announced plans to increase its cargo-handling capacity at Muscat International Airport when its new air cargo facility is built,...
- Colombo terminal handles 2.9m TEU in 2019, continuing on its sharp growth track
THE Colombo International Container Terminal (CICT) in Sri Lanka handled 2
- Ahead of the game, Vanguard Logistics close to Belt and Road action
ALWAYS ahead of the game, as its name implies, Vanguard Logistics, at 36/F, Vicwood Plaza, 199 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong, continues expansion...
- CMA CGM ups Asia-Mideast/ Med/ W Africa rates mid-December
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will levy a number of Asia-to-Mideast/Africa rate increases in December, the company announced
- Sri Lanka aims to be global maritime and logistics hub
SRI Lanka has set its sights on becoming a global maritime and logistics centre on a par with Dubai and Singapore given its advantageous geographic...
- CEVA Logistics opens in Colombo to serve Sri Lanka and Maldives
CEVA Logistics, now a CMA CGM unit based in Marseilles, has opened offices in Colombo to service clients in Sri Lanka and in the Maldives, the...
- CMA CGM levies US$150/TEU peak season surcharge November 15
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will apply a peak season surcharge from November 15 on cargo from Asia to Mozambique of US$150 per TEU
- CMA CGM ups Asia-Indian Ocean/South Africa rate November 1
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will raise rates US$200 per TEU from Asia to the southern Indian Ocean ports from November 1
- Global Shippers Forum calls for all-in rates, ending surcharges
THE Global Shippers Forum (GSF) has relaunched its campaign that calls for an end to the myriad of shipping surcharges levied by ocean liners that...
- Backlash risks Xi's Belt and Road costing US$800 billion: study
A NEW air of uncertainty hovers over President Xi Jinping's signature Belt and Road Initiative amid mounting concerns about doing business with...
- Sri Lanka to invest heavily in boosting capacity of Colombo box port
THE Sri Lankan government has launched a huge development project to further modernise its ports across the country, in order to become a maritime...
- China Merchants Port looks to partner with carrier to stabilise growth
CHINA Merchants Port is seeking co-operation with other container shipping lines to ride out economic headwinds that are impacting its throughput...
- China warns India of 'reverse sanctions' if Huawei is blocked from market
CHINA has told India not to block Huawei Technologies from doing business in the country, warning that there could be consequences for Indian firms...
- OOCL extends new Middle East/Indian Subcontinent to N Europe service
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, is to extend its North Europe service network to the East Indian...