THE Port of Halifax claims to have docked the biggest containership ever to call at a Canadian port, the 15,072-TEU CMA CGM Brazil, reports the...
- Halifax PSA docks biggest containership to call at Canadian port
- Covid-19 supply chain disruption boosts hub port role: PSA executive
THE regional CEO of Middle East South Asia and head of business development at PSA International, Wan Chee Foong, says that the supply chain...
- AUTOPLAN project kick-off meeting in UZMAR
The AUTOPLAN (Automatic Navigation Assistance System for Planing and Semi-planing Crafts) project kick-off meeting was held on 10th September 2020...
- Evergreen links up with X-Press Feeders to boost South America service
SINGAPORE-BASED feeder box ship operator X-Press Feeders is expanding its 'West Coast South America X-Press' (WSX) service that currently...
- Broker opts for CO2 tax as less costly than LNG conversion
GIVEN officialdom's decarbonisation drive one of two options have emerged to meet UN regulations - one is to mandate costly carbon-free fuels or...
- HMM joins PSA in Singapore to run container terminal hub
KOREA's Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has become the sixth container line to enter into a joint venture terminal in Singapore with PSA
- COVID-19: Nigeria Repatriates Over 500 Seafarers!
More than 500 seafarers have been repatriated to their various countries from Nigeria in the wake of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, an...
- Portugal's Sines terminal to expand from 2.3 million to 4.1 million TEU
EXPANSION of Portugal's Sines Container Terminal (Terminal XXI) to increase annual capacity from 2
- Hapag-Lloyd fearing strikes, diverts 2 ships from Montreal to Halifax
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd says it will divert ships from the Port of Montreal because 'we expect that the terminal performance will be...
- Panama ports first half box throughput up 14pc to 3.8 million TEU
PANAMA's ports cargo volume grew by 13
- Saudi Global Ports in Dammam sets new single ship call handling record
SAUDI's King Abdulaziz Port in Dammam has set a new record for any Saudi port on the Persian Gulf by handling 12,691 TEU in a single call,...
- PSA and DP World in line for major port projects in Chittagong
TWO global port operators - Singapore's PSA and Saudi Arabia's Red Sea Gateway Terminal (RSGT) - have been shortlisted to build Bay Terminal,...
- Concor to drop 10 under-performing depots owned by Indian Railways
INDIA's Container Corporation of India Ltd (Concor) plans to sell at least 10 under-performing container depots built on land leased from the...
- PSA International net earnings edge up 3.4pc while revenues slip 0.2 pc in 2019
SINGAPORE's PSA International expanded its 2019 net profit by 3
- Proposed pipeline triggers protests against rail links to Canadian ports
PROTESTERS have been blocking sections of Canada's rail network, impacting port operations on both coasts, in opposition to a Indians objections...
- PSA Marine snaps up Tramarsa Flota in Peru
PSA Marine Ltd has completed the 100 per cent acquisition of Tramarsa Flota SA and its subsidiaries in Peru from the Grupo Romero
- India's JNPT handles record 5.1m TEU in 2019
INDIA's Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) processed a record-high 5
- Tanger Med lifted 4.8 million TEU in 2019, attracting major investors
THE Tanger Med port 2 complex at one of Morocco's largest ports handled 4
- HMM to lead the pack with the largest box ships ever to take to the water
HYUNDAI Merchant Marine (HMM) is to launch the world's largest containerships of 24,000 TEU on the Asia-Europe trade lanes, starting from April
- Puerto Aguadulce starts operations with biggest box ship call in Colombia
THE 13,892-TEU APL Esplanade has called at Puerto Aguadulce, making it the nation's biggest box ship to call in Colombia to date, before she...