SOUTH Korea's Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries has delivered the world's first very large containership powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG)...
- Hyundai delivers world's first LNG-powered box ship, the CMA CGM Tenere
- Dachser expands charters from Hong Kong to Frankfurt
GERMAN forwarding giant Dachser Air & Sea Logistics is expanding its premium charter programme to include the Hong Kong-Frankfurt route which started...
- TS Lines places US$91m order for four box ships at Huangpu Wenchong
TAIWANESE intra-Asia carrier TS Lines has commissioned the building of up to four 1,900 TEU containerships with a price tag of US$22
- AUTOPLAN project kick-off meeting in UZMAR
The AUTOPLAN (Automatic Navigation Assistance System for Planing and Semi-planing Crafts) project kick-off meeting was held on 10th September 2020...
- Work starts on world's first large box ship LNG conversion
CHINA's Shanghai Huarun Dadong Dockyard has started the US$30 million retrofit of Hapag-Lloyd's 15,000-TEU Sajir to use LNG as fuel in what...
- LNG is the only way to decarbonisation, say LNG promoters
LNG (liquid natural gas) is touted as the only viable way to the decarbonisation of world shipping, says SEA-LNG chairman Peter Keller, announcing...
- Broker opts for CO2 tax as less costly than LNG conversion
GIVEN officialdom's decarbonisation drive one of two options have emerged to meet UN regulations - one is to mandate costly carbon-free fuels or...
- Carbon pricing 'key' to shipping emission decarbonisation
COLLABORATION between stakeholders is needed if the shipping industry is to meet decarbonisation targets set by the UN's International Maritime...
- Eco-study finds proposed IMO Arctic bunker ban 'no ban at all'
A PROPOSED UN Arctic polluting fuel ban has come under attack for not being strict enough, reports EURACTIV Media Network of Brussels
- Box ships surpass tankers with fitted scrubbers: BIMCO
CONTAINERSHIPS with a total cargo carrying capacity of 5
- U-Freight adds second consolidation hub for China-Europe rail service
HONG Kong's U-Freight Group has added a second consolidation centre in Zhengzhou to meet the rising demand for less than container load service,...
- The nuclear option for shipping
Finding a ‘magic bullet’ that will provide shipping with dramatically reduced GHG and CO2 emissions, looks like a long and tortuous road, as...
- ICHCA warns of another Beirut disaster waiting to happen
TERMINAL operators around the globe are reassessing their safety procedures following the August 4 Beirut explosion which killed around 200 people...
- Turkey's Uzmar to build four tugboats for Pakistan's Karachi Port
UZMAR announced the signing of contract with Karachi Port Trust, PAKISTAN for Four newbuild RAstar 3200W Class Terminal / Escort Tugboats.
- UZMAR announces the signing of contract with Karachi Port Trust!
UZMAR proudly announces the signing of contract with Karachi Port Trust, PAKISTAN for Four newbuild RAstar 3200W Class Terminal / Escort Tugboats.
- Drewry's Healey sees Covid-19 downturn stretching to 5 years
OCEAN carriers face the prospect of cutting capacity by scrapping if the Covid crisis downturn persists, says London consultancy Drewry
- Boluda Towage Europe has ordered two Tugs from Damen Shipyards Group!
Boluda Towage Europe has ordered two 85-tonnes bollard pull ASD Tugs 2813 from Damen Shipyards Group.
- Development of zero-carbon ships a must, says UN eco study
THE UN's International Maritime Organisation's (IMO) Greenhouse Gas Study says that improvements in technical efficiencies alone will not be...
- Shipowners slow to sign long hires as charter market heats up
CONTAINERSHIP brokers are reporting 'brisk business', although owners are reluctant to fix for longer periods against rising daily hire rates
- Amazon Air starts operating at LAL regional air hub in Florida
CARGO carrier Amazon Air, formerly known as Amazon Prime Air, has commenced operations at its new regional air hub located at Lakeland Linder...