The AUTOPLAN (Automatic Navigation Assistance System for Planing and Semi-planing Crafts) project kick-off meeting was held on 10th September 2020...
- AUTOPLAN project kick-off meeting in UZMAR
- Damen Shiprepair Harlingen completed repair project of ferry Vlieland
Damen Shiprepair Harlingen (DSHl) has recently completed a repair project to Rederij Doeksen's passenger/car ferry Vlieland.
- A-E up 0.5pc to $910/TEU, USWC down 0.7pc to $3,297/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday increased 0
- HMM Oslo heads for Europe with a full load of 19,504 containers
SOUTH Korea's Hyundai Merchant Marine's (HMM) second 24,000 TEU ship the HMM Oslo has left for Europe with all its slots full, repeating a feat...
- Blue Dart loses US$4.65 million in Q3 on back of restructuring initiative
INDIAN express firm Blue Dart has suffered a third-quarter loss of INR330
- ANA reduces freighter operations by 51 flights in face of weak market
JAPAN's All Nippon Airways (ANA) has announced a series of cuts to its freighter operations - including its recently-launched B777F transpacific...
- Ex Martinair executive extradited to US on price fixing charges
FUGITIVE former Martinair executive, who's been on the run for ten years, has been extradited to the US to face charges related to cargo price...
- CMA CGM box ships and crews feature in new James Bond movie
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has provided two ships, containers and the use of a container terminal in Kingston, Jamaica to film the next James Bond...
- WestJet places temporary embargo on batteries containing lithium
WESTJET has introduced a temporary embargo on shipments containing lithium-ion and lithium-metal batteries due to its cargo team moving in-house, a...
- Ontario airport's freight volumes in August rise 2.7pc to 65,514 tonnes
ONTARIO International Airport in southern California handled 65,514 tonnes of commercial freight in August, an increase of 2
- American Airlines pilots appeal to Boeing for 737 Max simulator time
THE union representing American Airlines pilots is demanding time in a Boeing 737 Max simulator, saying its members should be given access before the...
- Ecommerce explosion fills skies with inexperienced air cargo pilots
THE sudden explosion of ecommerce demand has put far too many inexperienced cargo airline pilots who fall prey to pilot error for lack of training,...
- Chinese airlines mull class action against Boeing for 737 Max groundings
AIR China, China Southern and China Eastern are exploring legal options on how to coordinate their claims against Boeing for compensation for the...
- CMA CGM Fort de France christened
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has christened its new 3,504-TEU containership, CMA CGM Fort de France, in Martinique
- Japan's ANA takes 9.5pc of Philippine Airlines to boost belief in Asia
JAPAN's All Nippon Airways (ANA) group will invest US$95 million to acquire 9
- Vietnam docks its biggest ship, 16,000-TEU CGM CMA Marco Polo
VIETNAM has accommodated its largest mega containership with the arrival of the 16,020-TEU CMA CGM Marco Polo at Cai Mep International Terminal...
- Newfoundlanders worried, but hopeful, about the state of the ocean
MUN researcher travelling island to study residents' relationship with oceans
- South African Airways to receive US$350 million bailout to restructure debt
STATE-owned South African Airways is to receive ZAR5 billion (US$350 million) from the National Treasury to help repay debt, however, the carrier...
- Ethiopian launches Oslo-Guangzhou seafood express freighter service
AFRICA's biggest air carrier, Ethiopian Airlines will be flying Norwegian seafood to China through Guangzhou in a dedicated B777 freighter six...
- Ran aground off the port of Azov
General cargo Volgo-Don 211 (4963 gt, built 1977), ran aground beyond the edge of the fairway, off the port of Azov, on the River Don near buoy No