THE final report into the tragic fire on board the Maersk Honam in March 2018 that killed five crew has concluded that safety systems onboard the...
- Maersk Honam fire causes inconclusive, report exposes regulatory limitations
- Airfreight constraints leads to DSV expanding Asia-Europe road operation
FREIGHT forwarder DSV has expanded its road transport operation between China and Europe as airfreight capacity constraints continue
- MSC's executive says hydrogen, biofuels are the key to future fuel mix
SWISS international shipping carrier Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) has forecast that hydrogen and biofuels are to become key components of...
- Boeing plans a quiet comeback for 737 Max as grounding nears end
BOEING Co is planning a comeback for the 737 Max, the grounded jetliner that has spent almost two years in controversy and tragedy after two fatal...
- Global container ship companies cash in on higher rates: Fitch
NEW York-headquartered ratings agency Fitch Ratings says the recent increase in spot container freight rates, driven by shipping companies'...
- Hapag-Lloyd's CE warns of longer-term Covid-19 impact on global economy
GERMAN container shipping firm Hapag-Lloyd is benefitting from a rebound in transport demand but its chief executive, Rolf Habben Jansen, warned...
- Maersk revises upwards full-year financial forecast
DANISH shipping giant AP Moller-Maersk A/S has raised its full-year guidance amid a surprise recovery in demand and sweeping efforts to cut costs
- Global freight forwarding market to shrink by 10.2 per cent in 2020
UK's Transport Intelligence's (Ti's) latest projections for 2020 show that global freight forwarding market will contract by 10
- Regulators hold up Vancouver terminal decision on environmental issues
SUPPORTERS of a new Vancouver container terminal have received extra time to address what a government review deemed a 'significant''...
- BIFA urges government to deal with delays at Felixstowe port
HUTCHISON's UK Port of Felixstowe has come under renewed attack for its stance on delays at the facility with the British International Freight...
- CMA CGM's online systems control back in service after cyberattack
FRANCE's CMA CGM Group has confirmed it has restored all the applications and main functionalities of its e-commerce websites, such as bookings,...
- Court rules Panamax Alexander was responsible for Suez pile-up
A UK High Court judge has ruled that the 74,247-dwt bulk carrier Panamax Alexander was responsible for the five-vessel casualty that closed the Suez...
- Fresh drop in commercial flights adds to jet fuel glut concerns
With Autumn arriving, the world's oil refineries struggle with a glut of jet fuel that's crushing profitability, reports London's Air...
- Drone gains increase options for next-generation aviation
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and the US$387 million Future Flight Challenge are making new rounds in the UK aviation industry by bringing...
- Charter rates soar with old panamaxes fetching top dollar
CONTAINERSHIP charter rates continue to soar against a backdrop of tight supply across most sectors, reports London's Loadstar
- Work begins on 1.2 million TEU Abidjan container terminal
FRENCH logistics giant Bollore and Maersk's global port operator APM Terminals (APMT) have joined to build a 1
- Seafarers stranded by virus cause big increase in labour costs
SHIPOWNERS are facing rising labour costs as Covid restrictions continue to limit the movement of seafarers, reports Bloomberg News
- Iran's shipping revenue surpasses US$770 million a year
THE Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Line (IRISL) earned US$778 million throughout the year until June 20, reports Iranian newsite Eghtesad Online
- National Airlines calls up three freighters in response to capacity crunch
AMERICA's go-anywhere-anytime carriers National Airlines and National Air Cargo are bringing the first relief materials to cyclone-hit Mozambique
- China restricts frozen food imports from high-risk Covid nations
BEIJING is urging Chinese companies to stop importing frozen food from countries severely hit by the Covid crisis as fears mount over virus...