We are now well into the IMO 2020 shipping regulations, and it is clear that all the hype leading up to implementation was exaggerated. Covid-19 has...
- Marine fuels & IMO 2020: So much for all the hype
- New ISO standard coming for marine fuels
With the varied parameters in VLSFO there is a need to revise the ISO 8217 marine fuel standard, which could take three years to complete
- OOCL wins environmental Gold Award from the HKAEE for the fourth time
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has once again received the gold trophy in the 2019 Hong Kong Awards for...
- S'pore's 1pc box decline offset by 3.7pc hike in mandated clean fuel sales
THE Port of Singapore saw a one per cent drop in container volumes in the first half of 2020, but bunker sales were up 3
- Yang Ming beats IMO emission targets 11 years ahead of schedule
TAIWAN's Yang Ming has said its carbon emissions per TEU/kilometre have dropped by 51 per cent since 2008 and that it has reached IMO...
- Pandemic forces shipowners to shelve scrubber installation
SHIPOWNERS are postponing or cancelling the installation of scrubbers that extract sulphur emissions from their vessels as the coronavirus pandemic...
- IMO 2020 added $100 million to CMA CGM's first quarter bunker bill
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM bunker fuel bill rose 11 per cent in the first quarter, as fuel became more expensive immediately after the global...
- CMA CGM Q1 profit up 13.5pc to US$48m, but sales off 3.3pc to $5.52b
FRENCH container shipping giant CMA CGM increased year-on-year first quarter net profit 13
- IMO 2020: Three Months On
The long-awaited IMO 2020 regulations to limit sulphur content in marine fuels kicked in on January 1st after more than a decade in the making....
- Non compliance of IMO 2020 leads to hefty fines at major ports
PORT enforcement agencies in the US and around the world have stepped up their oversight of the IMO 2020 low sulphur fuel regulation on March 1 to...
- PSA International net earnings edge up 3.4pc while revenues slip 0.2 pc in 2019
SINGAPORE's PSA International expanded its 2019 net profit by 3
- Maersk meets IMO 2020, but will use more heavy fuel with scrubbers
AP Moller Maersk CEO Soren Skou says the switchover to lower sulphur fuel to meet the demands of newly implemented IMO 2020 has been 'very...
- International Chamber of Shipping seeks US$54 billion eco fund on CO2
SHIPOWNERS, of the International Chamber of Shipping, have proposed a US$54 billion fund, to which owners would contribute $5 billion, to be spent on...
- Maersk loses US$44m in 2019 despite flat liftings of 26.6m TEU
THE Maersk Group lost US$61 million in the fourth quarter of 2019, leading to an overall net loss of $44 million last year
- Euroseas widens 2016 loss to US$1.7m, but sales rise 16.3pc to $40m
ATHENS-BASED short-sea operator Euroseas widened an annual net loss to US$1
- Scrubbers investment expected to have 18-month payback for megas
SOME 2,753 vessels, totalling 328
- HPHT warns of 'unfavourable operating environment' for shipping in 2020
SINGAPORE-BASED container port business trust, Hutchison Ports Holdings Trust (HPHT), reported a drop in cargoes through its Hong Kong ports in 2019...
- Hapag-Lloyd looks to biofuel to cut CO2 emissions from ships
GERMAN shipping line Hapag-Lloyd is turning to biofuel to reduce emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) from its ships
- ONE expects quarterly loss of US$49m but optimistic of full-year profit
JAPANESE shipping company ONE anticipates a US$49 million loss for the current quarter, on the back of weak demand following the Chinese Lunar New...
- Box rates up, but concerns still there to recoup costs of IMO 2020
THE long-term contracted market has experienced a third consecutive month of increases, equating to an 8 per cent overall year-on-year rise,...