Seven people have been arrested on suspicion of seizing control of an oil tanker, police have said.
- Tanker stowaways: Seven men arrested over ship's 'hijacking'
- West African stowaways jump to their deaths from ship in Valencia
THE 3,104-TEU Liberian-flagged Leto has informed authorities in the Port of Valencia that two stowaways jumped overboard shortly after the ship...
- Stowaways jailed for disrputing box ship operations in London
THE UK has jailed four stowaways from Nigeria and Liberia for affray offences
- Lax rules for all-cargo airlines pose safety risk for crew
CREW of all-cargo airlines face comparatively greater safety risks than those employed on passenger aircraft due to less strict regulations
- British commandoes storm ship to save 27 crewmen from 4 stowaways
BRITISH Special Boat Service (SBS) commandoes stormed the Italian-flagged 71,543- gross-tonne ro-ro ship Grand Tema in the Thames Estuary to seize...
- Stowaways found on ferry
Two stowaways were discovered aboard the 'Vronskiy' on June 12, 2018
- IMO: Seafarer shore leave gets extra protection from 1 January 2018
Seafarers’ rights to shore leave have been strengthened through amendments which enter into force globally on 1 January 2018, under the revised...
- Four stowaways found after arrival of boxship from Hamburg in Montreal
Four stowaways found after arrival of boxship from Hamburg in Montreal
- 15 stowaways discovered in container
15 stowaways discovered in container
- Two dead stowaways found in cargo hold
Two dead stowaways found in cargo hold
- Las Palmas Police returned four stowaways to Mauritani who arrived by Turkish ship Nimet
Four African immigrants, aged between 35 and 40 years, were arrested yesterday at the Port of La Luz and Las Palmas, after they arrived nearly two...
- UK P&amp;I Club advises on actions shipowners can take in the event of stowaways
Stowaways onboard ships can often be a cause of significant costs for shipowners. Amanda Hastings, UK P&I Club Claims Executive, reviews...
- Singapore pounces on ships from Ebola country with health questionnaires
Singapore’s National Environment Agency has given notice to all arriving vessels that have been to the Ebola affected Guinea, Liberia and Sierra...
- UK fresh produce industry losing US$3.2 million monthly due to stowaways
THE rising problem of stowaways from Europe is costing the UK fresh produce industry GBP2 million (US$3.2 million) each month by throwing away food...
- BIFA warns that cross channel freight threatened by stowaways
THE British International Freight Association (BIFA) has warned that stowaways on trucks from Calais are threatening cross channel trade.
- Ports worldwide restrict ship entry from Ebola hit countries
SHIPS that have called in a West Africa country affected by the Ebola outbreak are required to contact their local agents before arrival at ports of...
- Ports tighten Ebola security, cargo delays expected, supply chains disrupted
BRAZIL, Argentina and the US have tightened port entry procedures for ships that have sailed from West Africa to control the outbreak of the deadly...
- Ebola stowaway warning for ship masters
All ships sailing into Durban and other ports have been warned to conduct stricter searches for stowaways and smuggled wild animals to reduce the...
- Stowaways handbook advises 'understanding, compassion and authority'
LONDON's Nautical Institute has launched a handbook, "Stowaways By Sea" , which provides practical guidance on first making a vessel secure against,...
- Handbook ‘Stowaways by Sea’ Launched
Improvements in security have not reduced the number of stowaways or the number of incidents and it is seafarers who have to cope with the extra...