NASDAQ-LISTED Greek box ship owner Euroseas has sold three of its eldest vessels for scrap for a total of around US$7
- Euroseas receives US$7.6m for three of its eldest vessels sold for scrap
- Pandemic forces shipowners to shelve scrubber installation
SHIPOWNERS are postponing or cancelling the installation of scrubbers that extract sulphur emissions from their vessels as the coronavirus pandemic...
- World faces food shortages if extreme weather ruins harvests amid Covid-19
SUPPLY chains that produce and transport the world's food are being squeezed amid the coronavirus pandemic
- Sea crew change restrictions endanger workers and supply chains
Travel restrictions amid the coronavirus pandemic have left seafarers stranded at sea, at heightened risk of infection, or trapped onshore facing...
- Drewry Maritime Financial Insight: Shipping Facing the Pandemic Crisis Effect
Container shipping: Container shipping stock prices have been in full retreat with early March witnessing a market storm as stock markets around the...
- China air cargo capacity squeezes US crab exports, fruit growers next
THE rate to ship crabs from the Pacific Northwest has rocketed 242 per cent from January US$5
- US trucking markets hold firm, but fears of falling spending will squeeze cargo loads
CONTRACTED truckload volumes in the US are up five per cent year on year, even though imports and intermodal volumes plunged in February and March
- Major US ports see container traffic shrink in January
THE US-China trade war, the prolonged Lunar New Year factory shutdown combined with the coronavirus outbreak worldwide squeezed container volumes at...
- Dachser offers charters to fly to China due to virus bottlenecks
DACHSER Air & Sea Logistics is offering customers a premium flight service from Frankfurt to China in an effort to overcome the air freight capacity...
- Air-sea freight combination could ease virus-struck air cargo capacity squeeze
AIR and sea combined transportation solutions could help ease air freight capacity shortages and take the lid off freight rate spikes, as factories...
- Air cargo contracted rates are likely to be at low level in 2020
THE baseline price of air freight ACMI and block-space agreements are anticipated to be negotiated to a level below that of four years ago, in spite...
- IATA forecast 2020 air cargo growth of 2pc on profit of US$29 billion
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) anticipates that cargo traffic will grow by two per cent in 2020, director general Alexandre de...
- Mundra's Adani buys Chennai's erstwhile rival Krishnapatnam
INDIA's biggest private deepwater port on the eastern coast, Krishnapatnam, is being sold by the CVR Group to Adani Ports for INR55 billion...
- FAA gives the go-ahead for UPS drones to operate
UNITED Parcel Service Inc has won US certification to fly drones under regulations similar to those for airlines, a milestone that allows the company...
- Cargo airlines prepare for demand spike in the event of hard Brexit
AIR cargo carriers expect a demand surge in the event of no-deal exit from the European Union October 31, reports New York's FreightWeek
- China factory output falls for 4th month as US-China trade row simmers
THE Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) dropped to 49
- Most Hong Kong freighter flights unaffected by cancellations
HONG KONG freighter flights have continued to depart and arrive at Hong Kong airport as usual, despite stoppages ordered by the airport authority
- Brexit preparations squeeze UK logistics firms' profit margins
UK logistics firms are struggling to finance their preparations for Brexit on account of shrinking profit margins, according to the 2019 Logistics...
- Weak trade activity pulls down air cargo demand in Asia Pacific in March
AIR cargo markets contracted for the fifth month in a row, with air cargo demand measured in freight tonne kilometres (FTK) falling by 3
- Trucker shortage increases as regulators make it easier to quit field
The US trucking industry continues to struggle to find young people as regulators squeeze every drop of fun out of jobs