THE South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA), in adopting its annual budget, announced the opening of the first new US container terminal in 11 years,...
- South Carolina to open first new US box terminal in 11 years
- Montreal port continues steady growth with TEU record
THE Port of Montreal's revenues in 2019 increased by 5 per cent as it saw growth across its segments, including a record TEU throughput and...
- MPC Containers Ships seeks US$15m in recapitalisation plan
OSLO-LISTED German container line MPC Containers Ships is seeking approval from its bondholders and lenders for a recapitalisation plan designed to...
- Cargo, low fuel bright spots in worst year for aviation: IATA
THE year 2020 will go down as the worst financial year in the history of aviation because of the Covid-19 crisis, a fact that justifies an...
- Pandemic forces shipowners to shelve scrubber installation
SHIPOWNERS are postponing or cancelling the installation of scrubbers that extract sulphur emissions from their vessels as the coronavirus pandemic...
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo to boost cargo-only PAX flights by 33pc
FOLLOWING the success of its cargo-only passenger aircraft flights (PAX) programme in May, Virgin Atlantic Cargo has announced that it is increasing...
- CMA CGM Q1 profit up 13.5pc to US$48m, but sales off 3.3pc to $5.52b
FRENCH container shipping giant CMA CGM increased year-on-year first quarter net profit 13
- FedEx Express appoints new woman to run its Hong Kong operation
FEDEX Express, a leading express delivery company, has announced the appointment of Kawal Preet as the new president of Asia Pacific, Middle East and...
- Hapag-Lloyd quarterly profit off 73.9pc to US$27 million as revenue rises 6pc
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd's first quarter net profit fell 73
- Norway's Odfjell sells 50pc of terminal in Dalian for US$59 million
NORWAY's Odfjell SE has announced that Odfjell Terminals (China) Pte Ltd (OTC) has completed a sale of its 50 per cent of its shareholding in...
- UK retailer turns to Singapore Airlines to overcome capacity crunch
MANCHESTER's online retailer The Hut Group (THG) is to charter two cargo aircraft and launch a partnership with Singapore Airlines to secure...
- ICTSI net profit falls but Rio saves TEU throughput
INTERNATIONAL Container Terminal Services, Inc (ICTSI) has reported that net profit in the first quarter of the year plunged 18 per cent from US$72
- Air Canada QI revenues down 15pc, EBIT plunge 81pc due to Covid-19
AIR Canada has posted a 15 per cent year-on-year decrease in revenues, from CAD4
- ONE's CEO praises maritime industry for 'keeping the lights on' during hard times
ASIAN inventory levels have declined, including 'very low' levels of stored food products which is fuelling the increase in European and US...
- DSV Panalpina to cut 3,000 jobs despite 'satisfactory' Q1 results
DANISH-OWNED freight forwarder DSV Panalpina announced that more than 3,000 employees could lose their jobs as a result of business lost to the...
- Cargolux revenues and net profits suffer blow in 2019
CARGOLUX says its full-year results for 2019 show that revenue plunged 14 per cent to US$2
- Hapag-Lloyd profit up 22.6pc to US$168 million as revenues rise 3pc
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd's net profit increased 22
- Weak market, fleet transformation dampens Etihad Cargo's 2019 results
ABU Dhabi-headquartered Etihad Cargo saw both cargo volumes and revenues fall in 2019 as a result of fleet rationalisation programme and a weak...
- IAG Cargo's 2019 volumes drop 2.4pc, pulling down revenue by 7.2pc
IAG Cargo suffered a 7
- Coronavirus to cost container shipping industry US$1.7bn in lost revenue
THE global shipping industry risks losing an estimated US$1