THE world's largest LNG-powered containership - the 23,000 TEU CMA CGM Jacques Saade - made its maiden call in Singapore early this week
- Singapore welcomes world's largest LNG powered containership
- The nuclear option for shipping
Finding a ‘magic bullet’ that will provide shipping with dramatically reduced GHG and CO2 emissions, looks like a long and tortuous road, as...
- Cosco about to complete planned scrubber installations
CHINA's Cosco Shipping Lines (Cosco) is about to complete scrubber installations, a plan that was announced in 2019
- Cargo ship calls at Singapore hub plummet to 27-year low, marine fuel sales fall!
Cargo ship arrivals in Singapore, the world's top transhipment and bunkering hub, plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while...
- Light fuel oil blends emerge in Singapore that can clog ship engines
LIGHTER fuel oil blends that may be derived from blending with waxy diesel oil that can result in excessive sludge have surfaced in Singapore's...
- Costly compliance: Higher fuel prices as IMO 2020 kicks in this week
THOUSANDS of ships worldwide will face using marine fuel containing no more than 0
- Switch to non-diesel trucks in Europe requires more charging, refuelling points
RADICAL policy changes are needed to encourage European fleet operators to invest in non-diesel trucks, according to the European Automobile...
- Ukraine Air Alliance's operating certificate is terminated after fatal crash
UKRAINE Air Alliance (U) has lost its operating certificate, in the wake of a fatal landing accident on October 5 that claimed the lives of five of...
- Scrubber retrofit to meet IMO sulphur rule will cut 380 box ships
SOME 380 containerships with a combined capacity of 4
- Collision between Malaysia Government vessel and Greece-registered bulk carrier in Singapore Port Limits off Tuas
In response to media queries on the collision between Greece-registered bulk carrier PIREAS and Malaysian Government vessel (Marine Department...
- CMA CGM's 1,400-TEU Containerships Nord its first to bunker LNG
CONTAINERSHIPS, CMA CGM intra-Europe specialist has carried out its first refuelling with liquefied natural gas, announced the French shipping giant
- Search continues for 2 missing seamen after oil tanker explosion in Hong Kong
FIREMEN in Hong Kong are continuing their search for two missing crew members following an explosion on board an oil tanker in Hong Kong in which one...
- Most liner companies will switch to LNG to meet new IMO rules: survey
A SURVEY by Deloitte has found that shipping companies prefer to switch to liquefied natural gas (LNG) to comply with the International Maritime...
- Australian Navy receives MV Sycamore Multi-Role Aviation Training Vessel
Australian Navy receives MV Sycamore Multi-Role Aviation Training Vessel
- Damage Caused to Variety Cruises' Callisto Motor Yacht Forces Cancellation of Summer 2017 Sailings
Damage Caused to Variety Cruises' Callisto Motor Yacht Forces Cancellation of Summer 2017 Sailings
- Crew disembarked in Lisbon, thanks to all participants in rescue operation
Crew disembarked in Lisbon, thanks to all participants in rescue operation
- Cargo ship with 23 Chinese sailors on board detained in India for over a month
Cargo ship with 23 Chinese sailors on board detained in India for over a month
- Canada: Use tankers to fuel ships at sea, expert says
The government is over-complicating plans to find an interim solution to the navy’s supply ship problem, according to one expert.
- LNG AS A FUEL: THE GAMECHANGER THAT CANNOT BE IGNORED
The move to LNG as a fuel is a game changer which cannot be ignored, said Angus Campbell, Managing Director of Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement UK,...
- SMM 2016 to Showcase Alternative Bunker Fuels
Popular Hamburg-based International maritime trade fair, SMM, says that for 2016 it will have a hall dedicated entirely to alternative marine...