FRENCH container shipping giant CMA CGM increased year-on-year first quarter net profit 13
- CMA CGM Q1 profit up 13.5pc to US$48m, but sales off 3.3pc to $5.52b
- Lufthansa Group obtains US$9.9b in financial support
LUFTHANSA Group has secured approval from the federal German government's economic stabilisation fund, WSF, for a EUR9 billion (US$9
- Yang Ming, HMM post quarterly losses and expect more heavy weather
TAIWAN's Yang Ming and Korea's HMM suffered first quarter losses as the coronavirus took its toll on Chinese volumes, reported IHS Media
- CN revises 2020 outlook after posing 'solid' quarterly results
CANADIAN National Railway (CN) has posted 'solid' first-quarter financial and operating results, despite experiencing rail blockades and the...
- China's uneven recovery continues in April as industry grows anew
CHINA's industrial economy bounced back in April after the first quarterly contraction in history, but retail and investment remained weak, as...
- Hamburg quarterly cargo falls 7.9pc, as boxes slip 6.6pc to 2.2 million TEU
GERMANY's main Port of Hamburg suffered a first quarter year-on-year 7
- Hapag-Lloyd quarterly profit off 73.9pc to US$27 million as revenue rises 6pc
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd's first quarter net profit fell 73
- Baltic Exchange launches new ship operating expenses assessment for LNG and LPG tankers
The Baltic Exchange has added quarterly assessments (GOPEX) on the cost of operating LNG and LPG tankers to its growing suite of shipping investor...
- China on road to recovery, but recession looms, economists tell Reuters
THE Chinese economy will slowly recover from its first quarterly contraction since current records began, economists predicted in a Reuters poll, but...
- White House opens China trade deal surveillance unit in USTR office
THE White House, under the US Trade Representative, has initiated a new office to ensure China adheres to terms of the 'Phase One' trade deal...
- SIA quarterly profit up 15.7pc to US$226.8 million as revenue rises 3pc
SINGAPORE Airlines' SIA Group posted a 15
- Westports' 4Q net profit down 13.8pc but full-year earnings up
WESTPORTS Holdings Bhd's net profit dived by 13
- ONE expects quarterly loss of US$49m but optimistic of full-year profit
JAPANESE shipping company ONE anticipates a US$49 million loss for the current quarter, on the back of weak demand following the Chinese Lunar New...
- 2019 OOCL up 3.8pc to 6.95m TEU, while Q4 up 4.8pc to 1.79m TEU
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, increased its 2019 container throughput 3
- Canadian Pacific moves record quarterly volume of local grain
CANADIAN Pacific (CP) moved more Canadian grain and grain products in the fourth quarter than any prior corresponding period in its history, with the...
- US-EU trade war threat looms over transatlantic trade, says Drewry
A SLOWDOWN in US new car sales and the threat of trade war between the EU and America means trouble for transatlantic container trade, according to...
- Box shipping ends year on a high with contracted rates up
XENETA says that the year has ended on a high note for container shipping lines despite the lack of sulphur surcharge transparency stoking market...
- Old Dominion Freight Line revenue advances despite softer market
OLD Dominion Freight Line, the big Nasdaq-listed North Carolina trucker, posted a quarterly 2
- Maersk says purchase of box ships is off despite strong quarterly results
DANISH shipping giant AP Moeller-Maersk has no plans to buy new vessels and will instead focus on controlling costs and target its growth efforts...
- Seaspan Q3 profit declines 46.3pc, but up 93.8pc in first 9 months.
HONG KONG's containership charterer Seaspan Corporation's third quarter net profit declined 46