TAIWANESE vessel operator T S Lines announced that net profits for the first half of 2020 surged 50 per cent year on year to TWD1
- T S Lines H1 profits soar 50pc on rising rates, increased volumes and falling costs
- Carriers suspend trans-Pacific rate hikes after Chinese ministry comments
COSCO Shipping and Hong Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) have suspended planned September 15 general rate increases (GRIs) on the...
- Euroseas receives US$7.6m for three of its eldest vessels sold for scrap
NASDAQ-LISTED Greek box ship owner Euroseas has sold three of its eldest vessels for scrap for a total of around US$7
- Asian carriers reap Q2 profits by controlling costs
LINER operators Evergreen Marine Corporation, Wan Hai Lines and Regional Container Lines (RCL) all reported profits for the second quarter of the...
- Box ship schedule reliability continues to improve in June
CONTAINER shipping consultancy Sea-Intelligence says global container schedule reliability improved by 3
- Pacific Northwest ports looking for volume rebound in Q3
CONTAINER volumes at North America's Pacific Northwest ports are declining this year due primarily to the drop in consumer demand caused by...
- IMF sees rebound in 2021, but with less bounce than it did before
THE International Monetary Fund (IMF), an inter-governmental international lender of last resort, recently downwardly revised its 3
- Container shipping faces continuing low demand and capacity withdrawal
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says container shipping is expected to see current low demand levels persisting, consequently leading to high levels of...
- Blank sailings level off with carriers 'unblanking' some services
IN its continuing coverage of the coronavirus pandemic, Sea-Intelligence has revealed that there are early signs of some demand returning for...
- Hapag-Lloyd pursues costs cutting, looking for recovery in Q3
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd is to continue with its cost-cutting drive to manage its way through the coronavirus pandemic, but expects that a...
- Blue Dart loses US$4.65 million in Q3 on back of restructuring initiative
INDIAN express firm Blue Dart has suffered a third-quarter loss of INR330
- HMM says it will be back in profit in Q3 with THE Alliance membership
HYUNDAI Merchant Marine (HMM) CEO Bae Jae-hoon told reporters at a press conference in Seoul that the company is expected to return to profit from...
- DHL Q3 profits rise despite slide in airfreight volumes and revenues
DHL Global Forwarding, the leading international provider of air, sea and road freight services, and a division of Deutsche Post DHL Group, has...
- Cheaper bunker makes scrubbers king and leaves blends, LNG behind
LOWER fuel costs have given ocean carriers a break with a 3
- Container contract rate decline appears to have ended: Xeneta data
A CONTINUING downward trend on long-term contracted ocean rates appears to have ended for the moment with increases in November, reports Xeneta
- MSC heads for top liner ranking following poaching of Maersk's Soren Toft
DANISH shipping giant Maersk's cuts in capital expenditure, including its decision not to order new vessels in the next two years, will clear the...
- Asian Terminals sees Q3 profit fall 10pc, but Jan-Sept earnings rise to US$55m
MANILA, Philippines-based Asian Terminals Inc (ATI) saw its third quarter net profit after tax decline by 10
- Zim shows net profit of US$5m despite 'challenging market conditions' in Q3
ISRAELI shipping line Zim has reported it overcame a marginal decrease in volumes in the third quarter to post a net profit of US$5 million - a...
- Yang Ming sees Q3 loss swell to US$42m on operating revenue of $1.22b
TAIWAN's Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp suffered a third quarter loss after tax of NTD1
- EVA Airways Q3 profit dives to US$41m on back of weak cargo demand
TAIWAN's EVA Airways Corp's third quarter net profit halved to NTD1