CHINA, which led the recovery from the impact of Covid, surpassed the August 2019 Drewry Global Freight Index by close to five per cent (6
- World cargo movement starts to limp from Covid crisis: Drewry
- Hamburg HHLA buys control of Adriatic Trieste terminal
HAMBURG's big terminal operator, Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) is taking a 50
- Euroseas sells 30-year old box ship for scrap, inks deals for 2 charter extensions
GREEK containership owner Euroseas has sold its 1990-built 1,169 TEU feedermax boxship Ninos for scrap for a price of around US$2
- Cathay burning cash at a monthly rate of US$259m, more restructuring on the way
HONG Kong's flagship carrier Cathay Pacific has warned of further restructuring with the airline burning cash at a staggering rate of up to HKD2...
- Arrival of new mega-containership risks tilting the balance on box trades
THE containership orderbook is at an historic low but top carriers have a backlog of 86 ships of over 10,000 TEU scheduled for delivery over the next...
- Cotton growers in Australia hit as Chinese buyer goes belly up
AUSTRALIAN cotton producers have found their prospects plunging on news that the local arm of a major Chinese buyer has gone out of business, leaving...
- India-China trade falls 7pc as diplomatic chill takes hold to darken prospects
A GROWING chill in the diplomatic climate, plus the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, has resulted in a seven cent fall in trade between India and...
- Cathay Pacific anticipates historic loss of US$1.28 billion due to virus
HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific says it expects to incur a substantial loss of HKD9
- Ghana: First quarter cargo traffic rose by 12.6pc to 166,685 TEU
FIRST quarter laden container volume at Ghana's two seaports, Tema and Takoradi,increased 12
- Governments must protect trapped seafarers' human rights
As the Covid-19 pandemic and the travel restrictions put in place to attempt containment drag on, around 200,000 merchant seafarers are trapped...
- Fitch Assigns Turk P&I 'BB-' IFS Rating; Outlook Stable
Fitch Ratings - Paris - 23 Jun 2020: Fitch Ratings has assigned Turk P ve I Sigorta A.S. (Turk P&I) a 'BB-' Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) Rating.
- Major 'right-sizing' afoot, warns Cathay boss in wake of Covid blow
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific Airways chairman Patrick Healy has warned that 'tough decisions will need to be made' by the fourth quarter of...
- Covid-19 could curtail express market growth this year to 4.5pc
THE global express and parcels market could contract by as much as 4
- China warns of 'new cold war' as US trade tensions rise
THE prospects of a trade war between China and the western economies have increased rapidly in recent days as Beijing accused the US of pushing...
- British aviation queries flu quarantine as economically ruinous
BRITISH aviation executives question the scientific basis for the 14-day quarantine demanded of those arriving by air, reports the UK Guardian
- Port of Santos enjoys best-ever Q1 box volume with a 15pc surge
BRAZIL's Port of Santos reported its best first quarter in history with a 15
- US regulations will hold back cargo delivery by drone, says Frost & Sullivan
AERIAL drone growth from 2019 to 2023 will increase to 2
- Second World Ports COVID-19 survey: some ports seeing significant changes in storage utilization at ports with some overcrowded car terminals
Results show COVID-19 crisis has 35% of ports reporting an increase in utilisation of warehousing and distribution facilities in the last week for...
- WTO: Trade set to plunge as COVID-19 pandemic upends global economy
The wide range of possibilities for the predicted decline is explained by the unprecedented nature of this health crisis and the uncertainty around...
- Cathay 'cautiously optimistic' about cargo, but expects 'substantial loss' in H1 2020
HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific says that its cargo business, despite facing headwinds, has managed to maintain its cargo capacity intact