UNEMPLOYMENT in Hong Kong has surged to a nearly 16-year high of 6
- Hong Kong's unemployment rate hits 16-year high at 6.4 pc
- Cathay Pacific's airfreight demand ramping up
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 109,453 tonnes of cargo and mail in September, a decrease of 36
- Emirates SkyCargo reaches milestone of 15 years of operations in Vietnam
EMIRATES SkyCargo has marked 15 years of airfreight operations in Vietnam, during which time it 'has helped to facilitate trade between the...
- China tops world trade recovery, says UK think-tank
CHINA has become the first major economy to spring back to its feet with its exports currently being higher than ever, according to a research...
- Drewry Container Port Throughput Index for July bounces back
THE Drewry Container Port Throughput Index for July bounced back strongly, crossing 130 points for the first time in 2020, reported the American...
- China's America, Europe trade value slips 4.1 to 2.4pc in 2020
CHINA's export trade value with North America in the first eight months of the year fell 4
- Amazon Air stepped up freighter operations by 27pc during summer
AMAZON Air expanded its daily flight schedule by 27 per cent over the summer, according to a report issued by the Chaddick Institute for Metropolitan...
- Port of Savannah records best-ever August for container throughput
THE Port of Savannah handled 441,600 TEU in August, marking not only the best August on record, but the best overall month on record in the history...
- Arctic Sea Ice Loss: World Leaders Must Arrest Arctic Climate Change Impacts!
Reacting to news of the Arctic summer sea ice minimum reaching its second lowest extent in the 42-year satellite record on September 15, and to...
- Liftings at Port of LA reach record 961,833 TEU in August
THE Port of Los Angeles had its best month ever in August, processing a record-setting 961,833 TEU in August
- Cathay flew 98.8pc fewer passengers and 36.7pc less cargo in August
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 102,122 tonnes of cargo and mail in August, a decrease of 36
- Mumbai rival Mundra surpassing JNPT container throughput
INDIA's Adani Ports at Mundra, 475 nautical miles north of Mumbai, increased its July volume six per cent to three million tonnes year on year...
- LNG is the only way to decarbonisation, say LNG promoters
LNG (liquid natural gas) is touted as the only viable way to the decarbonisation of world shipping, says SEA-LNG chairman Peter Keller, announcing...
- Importers analysing peak season shipments in LA to Long Beach
THE ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach handled 53
- Caixin PMI shows marks of recovery in China's services sector
CHINA's services activity again expanded at a solid pace in August, though slightly slower than the previous month, a Caixin-sponsored survey...
- India posts worst GDP fall of major economies as Covid spikes
INDIA's economy fell 23
- Association of Asia Pacific Airlines reports July cargo demand stablises
THE Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (PA) reported a stable air cargo demand in July, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Shenzhen Customs posts 13.5pc in July trade growth to US$40 billion
SHENZHEN, south China's metropolis, saw foreign trade grow 13
- Domestic trade to help growth of Chinese ports
DOMESTIC container shipping will be China ports' growth engine as the pandemic impacts on international trade, according to the China Ports and...
- SIA lends helping hand to WFP's troubled Covid air cargo network
SINGAPORE Airlines (SIA) Cargo has pledged to carry out freighter flights in support of the World Food Programme's (WFP) Covid-19 air cargo...