THE expected rescue of South African Airways (S) has been stalled because government attempts to raise ZAR5
- South African Airways rescue stalls as banks say they lack funds
- Carriers divert to Port of Tripoli 43 miles away after Beirut blast
LEADING container lines are diverting ships to Lebanon's smaller terminal of Tripoli after the devastating explosion at Beirut's port that...
- Beirut needs immediate shipments of grain - food is in short supply
WITH the Port of Beirut closed after the massive explosion and infrastructure destroyed, food shortages are rife and half a million children in the...
- Virgin Atlantic tells court it expects to run out of cash by next month
RICHARD Branson and Virgin Atlantic told a London court they will run out of money by next month unless it secures approval for a US$1
- Air Canada renews fight with PM over Covid flight, travel restrictions
AIR CANADA has renewed its fight with Prime Minister Justine Trudeau over Covid-driven travel restrictions, threatening to suspend routes and cancel...
- Nigeria missing in $400bn global seaborne trade
Today, over 90 per cent of world trade is borne by sea and the real time growth in world Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the last two decades is 73...
- Aussie parliament look into Australia-China trade reliance
AUTRALIA's reliance - and potential over reliance - on China as a trade partner is being put under the microscope of a parliamentary inquiry
- LA-Long Beach post double digit declines in first half due to Covid-19
CONTAINER volume through the Port of Los Angeles was down 9
- NB65 HARDHAUS IS LAUNCHED!
Cemre Shipyard launched the NB65 Hardhaus fishing ship, one of its innovative and eco-friendly projects.
- New ISO standard coming for marine fuels
With the varied parameters in VLSFO there is a need to revise the ISO 8217 marine fuel standard, which could take three years to complete
- Long Beach volumes fall 11.1pc in June as Covid-19 hammers west coast
THE Port of Long Beach reported that 602,180 TEU crossed its docks in June, making for an 11
- CMA CGM seeks investment opportunities in Africa
WITH African nations seeing a record growth rate of 5 per cent over the past decade, French shipping giant CMA CGM has turned its focus to the...
- Container shipping faces continuing low demand and capacity withdrawal
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says container shipping is expected to see current low demand levels persisting, consequently leading to high levels of...
- Schiphol needs more comprehensive look at slots for freighters
GATEWAYS like Amsterdam Schiphol Airport should secure sufficient slots for freighters as they are poised to shoulder a disproportionately high...
- DHL orders three B767 conversions from Israel's IAI
ISRAEL Aerospace Industries (IAI) has clinched a contract to convert an additional three B767-300 aircraft for DHL
- LA-LB rise to the challenge to handle mega-ships, but landside pressures remain
TERMINAL operators in Los Angeles-Long Beach have this month demonstrated their ability to handle record container exchanges in a single vessel call
- MPC Containers Ships seeks US$15m in recapitalisation plan
OSLO-LISTED German container line MPC Containers Ships is seeking approval from its bondholders and lenders for a recapitalisation plan designed to...
- Auckland port keeps shore leave ban for overseas cargo ship crews
Cargo ship crew arriving in Auckland from overseas ports are being told to stay on board their vessel to prevent the potential spread of Covid-19.
- Shippers Contribute to Carbon Neutrality in MSC South Pole Partnership
Shippers have a new way to participate in the global drive to achieve carbon neutrality while working to directly lower the carbon footprint of their...
- China Eastern to make Hainan home base for new airline
CHINA Eastern has joined with the country's biggest online travel agency Trip