SOME 313 containerships, or 1,555,959 TEU, remained laid-up as of July 20, representing 6
- Increased tonnage afloat will result in rate slide, says Alphaliner
- Ecommerce surge experienced by UPS attributed to Covid scare
ECOMMERCE got a boost from the Covid-19 scare if the surge in online shopping posted by United Parcel Service is anything to go by, reports the...
- Increasing congestion at ports due to cancelled sailings out of India
CONTAINER trades out of India are faced with increasing congestion, due to a combination of blanked sailings, equipment shortages and carriers unable...
- Shipowners slow to sign long hires as charter market heats up
CONTAINERSHIP brokers are reporting 'brisk business', although owners are reluctant to fix for longer periods against rising daily hire rates
- Le Havre, Marseilles recovering ground after strikes and Covid
France's two biggest ports - Marseilles and Le Havre are faring worse than regional rivals, risking future volumes that amount to EUR1
- Air cargo market 'exceptionally challenging' despite improvement in June
THE latest IATA statistics show that there are some signs of improvement in the decline in airfreight traffic in June, but business remains...
- Inbound containers at US west coast ports down 8pc in June: PMSA
PACIFIC Merchant Shipping Association (PMSA), which represents shipping lines and marine terminals, says that the big five US west coast ports saw an...
- Seventy per cent of Finnair's earnings driven by air cargo in Q2
FINNAIR Group's revenue in the first half of 2020 was mainly driven by cargo-only operations, as Covid-19 pandemic grounded the airline's...
- Pacific Northwest ports looking for volume rebound in Q3
CONTAINER volumes at North America's Pacific Northwest ports are declining this year due primarily to the drop in consumer demand caused by...
- New depth map of the Arctic Ocean!
An international team of researchers has published the most detailed submarine map of the Arctic Ocean.
- Amazon Air starts operating at LAL regional air hub in Florida
CARGO carrier Amazon Air, formerly known as Amazon Prime Air, has commenced operations at its new regional air hub located at Lakeland Linder...
- Zhonggu Logisitcs plans US$214m IPO on Shanghai bourse
CHINA's Zhonggu Logistics, an affiliate of the country's largest domestic liner operator Zhonggu Shipping Group, plans to raise CNY1
- DP World H1 box volume dips 5pc due to Covid-19
DUBAI's DP World, one of the world's largest operators of ports with locations in more than 50 countries, handled 33
- Increasing use of digital air cargo bookings despite Covid-19 outbreak
THE use of air cargo online booking portals looks set to increase over the coming months, despite a slowdown in growth during the height of the PPE...
- Hong Kong tightens rules on movements of seafarers and aircrews
STARTING tomorrow, new rules introduced by the Hong Kong government will come into effect to prevent seafarers and aircrews from mixing with the...
- Ontario International Airport freight shipments surge 30pc in June
AIRFREIGHT shipments increased by nearly 30 per cent in June and 20 per cent in the first half of the year at Ontario International Airport (ONT),...
- Box volumes at India's major ports plunge 30pc in April-June: IPA
STATISTICS released by the Indian Ports' Association (IPA) show that container cargo handling at India's 12 major ports dropped 32
- Hapag-Lloyd sells 7 ships in leaseback deal to increase liquidity
GERMAN container shipping line Hapag-Lloyd has sold seven 9,326 TEU container ships to China's Bank of Communications Financial Leasing (Bocomm...
- Airfreight rates tick up as passenger-freighters depart from the market
Airfreight rates have increased after the declines of the past weeks, with forwarders reporting further increases on the way
- US box imports slide 10pc in June, better performance by west coast ports
UNLIKE the trend of the past year, US west coast ports fared better in comparison with their east and Gulf coast gateway rivals last month, recording...