With the varied parameters in VLSFO there is a need to revise the ISO 8217 marine fuel standard, which could take three years to complete
- New ISO standard coming for marine fuels
- Volga-Dnepr, Geodis flies 400 million medical masks from Shenzhen to Paris
RUSSIAN airline Volga-Dnepr has teamed up French forwarding giant Geodis to complete 48 flights in 90 days flying 400 million Chinese medical masks...
- Port of New York New Jersey blame pandemic for May's 16.5pc cargo slump
THE Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's (PANYNJ) cargo volume dropped 16
- Two-way China-Europe rail volume exceeds 50,000 TEU monthly
TWICE the box volume - 52,500 TEU - was posted for the China-Europe rail route in May than the same month the year before by the United Transport and...
- Air freight rates rise to pre-Covid level as fuel prices increase to new levels
AIR freight rates have returned to mid-March levels as jet fuel prices continue to rise, according to London's Loadstar
- US bans Pakistan International Airlines after fake pilot certificates found
PAKISTAN International Airlines (PIA) has been banned from the US because nearly a third of the nation's pilots had fake certificates, reports...
- FAA probes allegations Boeing pressured their designated QC inspectors
THE US Federal Aviation Administration (F) has begun a probe into Boeing after its employees authorised by the government to assess the quality of...
- Antwerp boxes up 0.4pc, but volume off 4.9pc to 223,799,781 tonnes
CONTAINER traffic through the Port of Antwerp was up 0
- DHL 2Q operating profit up 16pc to US$1 billion after revenue loss
EXPRESS delivery giant Deutsche Post DHL's second quarter operating profit rose 16 per cent to EUR890 million (US$1
- United warns 36,000 US-based employees of apprehended layoffs
UNITED Airlines has notified 36,000 of its US employees, or 45 per cent of its workforce, that their jobs are at risk after federal payroll aid...
- Chinese miners face hurdles as Australia, Canada tensions mount
GREATER scrutiny by mineral-rich Australia and Canada may cut short deals led by China's state miners and limit Beijing's role in gold sector...
- BIFA hails UK government plan to invest in employment programme
THE British International Freight Association (BIFA) has welcomed the package of measures unveiled by the government to encourage employment support...
- Port Houston to get US$80 million grant for box shop development
PORT Houston is to receive nearly US$80 million from the US Department of Transportation for a project at one of its container terminals
- Asia-Europe up 1.9pc to US$920/TEU, USWC off 4.7pc at $2,783/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up 1
- Ships Hit Smaller Sea Animals More Often than Researchers Thought
New research sheds light on the range of creatures killed and injured by collisions
- Shanghai air cargo rate fall shows signs of slowing on TAC Index
AIR cargo rates declines out of Shanghai have shown signs of stabilising over the last week, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Lufthansa starts reducing fleet, cutting jobs to pay back state aid
GERMAN flag carrier Lufthansa will cut 20 per cent of managerial positions and accept no more than 80 planes from its current order book to be able...
- IMF sees rebound in 2021, but with less bounce than it did before
THE International Monetary Fund (IMF), an inter-governmental international lender of last resort, recently downwardly revised its 3
- Box volume at Virginia port plunges 23pc in May due to pandemic
THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume in May plummeted 22
- Global Port Tracker reports lowest level US retail imports in years
MAJOR US container port volume is expected to be well below last year's levels as the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic continues, according to the...