SUPPLY chains that produce and transport the world's food are being squeezed amid the coronavirus pandemic
- World faces food shortages if extreme weather ruins harvests amid Covid-19
- US hoarding and restocking ripples through supply chains on virus fears
AMERICAN consumers, fearing the coronavirus, have begun panic buying causing ripples up the supply chain, reports New York's FreightWaves
- TPM Asia focuses on IMO 2020 and how to cope with new fuel rule
ANXIETY was expressed by delegates and speakers at Shenzhen's annual TPM Asia shipping conference about the costs and impact of IMO 2020, the...
- LA-LB truck turn times worst ever, but long box dwell time worst of all
WHILE truck turn times in October were the worst on record in Los Angeles and Long Beach, most terminals staggered lunch breaks and dinner hours so...
- US west coast dock talks to cause port slowdowns, cargo diversions
A FREIGHT newsletter is raising fears that the west coast International Longshore and Warehouse Union, currently in contract talks, will likely...
- China initiates action to keep a lid on commodity price
Reuters reported that China battling inflation has vowed to crackdown on speculation, hoarding and price gouging.