A KEY message emanating from the recent virtual high-level meeting at the Global Maritime Forum is that rather than fighting regional environmental...
- Shipping urged to work with EU to develop new green framework
- Hong Kong's unemployment rate hits 16-year high at 6.4 pc
UNEMPLOYMENT in Hong Kong has surged to a nearly 16-year high of 6
- Antong Holdings auctions general cargo ship after government bailout
CASH-STRAPPED Chinese domestic liner operator Antong Holdings has begun selling assets to raise cash, a day after securing a government bailout
- China's Q3 GDP grows 4.9pc, economy gains more momentum
CHINA's economic recovery gathered pace in the third quarter as consumers returned to malls and major trading partners reopened for business,...
- WFS sets up Project Coldstream to handle 16b doses of Covid-19 vaccine
PARIS, France-headquartered cargo handler Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has launched Project Coldstream to co-ordinate its response to the...
- Trump contemplates adding China's Ant Group to trade blacklist: report
THE United States Department of State has submitted a proposal for the administration of US President Donald Trump to add China's Ant Group to a...
- Canada-China trade up 6.9pc while trade with US shinks 17pc this year
CHINA's share of Canadian trade has risen to record levels, as exports and imports with China represented 6
- MSC's executive says hydrogen, biofuels are the key to future fuel mix
SWISS international shipping carrier Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) has forecast that hydrogen and biofuels are to become key components of...
- Vietnam plans second container port near Ho Chi Minh City
THE Vietnamese government is planning to build another container port on the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City, with several sites under consideration,...
- Regulators hold up Vancouver terminal decision on environmental issues
SUPPORTERS of a new Vancouver container terminal have received extra time to address what a government review deemed a 'significant''...
- BIFA urges government to deal with delays at Felixstowe port
HUTCHISON's UK Port of Felixstowe has come under renewed attack for its stance on delays at the facility with the British International Freight...
- China's exports up 10pc as trade growth accelerates in September
CHINA's exports increased year on year by 9
- Unions press Ottawa for US$5.3 billion bailout of Canadian airlines
UNIONS representing airline workers are calling for CAD7 billion (US$5
- Drone gains increase options for next-generation aviation
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and the US$387 million Future Flight Challenge are making new rounds in the UK aviation industry by bringing...
- China: US bans on WeChat and TikTok in violation of WTO rules
BEIJING told a closed-door meeting of World Trade Organisation that US attempts to ban WeChat and TikTok are violations of WTO rules, reports...
- Qatar Airways resume routes as South African Airways shuts down
QATAR Airways has announced the resumption of flights to Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg, reports the American Journal of Transportation
- National Airlines calls up three freighters in response to capacity crunch
AMERICA's go-anywhere-anytime carriers National Airlines and National Air Cargo are bringing the first relief materials to cyclone-hit Mozambique
- Insolvent South African Airways suspends operations
OPERATIONS of South African Airways (S) were immediately suspended last week by administrators in charge of the struggling airline, reports...
- China restricts frozen food imports from high-risk Covid nations
BEIJING is urging Chinese companies to stop importing frozen food from countries severely hit by the Covid crisis as fears mount over virus...
- Maersk calls for state aid as stranded sailors rise to 400,000
Maersk is calling to resolve a labour crisis that has stranded 400,000 workers on ships, reports Bloomberg