OCEAN-GOING ships could be fuelled by ammonia within the next decade in a bid to cut greenhouse gas emissions
- Fertiliser could be used to fuel ships if zero CO2-emitting ammonia is produced
- Boeing ousts CEO over 737 Max FAA rebuke after 346 die in two crashes
BOEING CEO Dennis Muilenburg has been ousted to be replaced January 13 by David Calhoun, 62, a General Electric veteran who has been company chairman...
- Hudong-Zhonghua to build LNG bunkering vessel, 25,000-TEU LNG-fuelled box ship
CHINA's Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding (H&Z) is pursuing the development of a 18,000-cubic metre large LNG bunkering vessel, after signing a...
- China Shipbuilding bags US$4.2 billion contracts at Marintec China
CHINA Shipbuilding Group that has been newly created through the merger of the two largest Chinese state-run shipbuilders CSSC and CSIC, secured...
- Chinese shipping line starts direct Wuhan to Japan box service
WUHAN Xingang Datong International Shipping, a subsidiary of the Central China Logistics Corporation, is commencing a once weekly container shipping...
- Debate over scrubber usage to clean marine fuel emissions continues
OVER the years the shipping industry has been rapidly improving in the area of sustainable development, with nearly all its emissions to air and...
- Maersk demands industry develop zero-emission fuels to decarbonise
DANISH shipping giant Maersk is urging the energy industry to urgently focus on developing and producing zero-emission fuels, to pave the way for new...
- Jacksonville's JAXPORT increases FY2019 box volume 5pc to 1.33 million TEU
THE Jacksonville Port Authority (JAXPORT) increased annual container throughput five per cent year on year in FY2019 to 1
- Logistical headache in Vietnam with booming air freight exports to US
VIETNAM's booming exports to the US are causing a logistical headache for freighter operators as the trade gap between the two countries...
- AP: China's exports to US shrink 16pc as trade war intensifies
CHINA's trade with the US is falling as imports of American goods dropped 22 per cent year on year in August to US$10
- Salvage convention at Holiday Inn Kensington High Street September 11
THE 10th Maritime Salvage & Casualty Response convention will be held at the Holiday Inn London Kensington High Street on September 11 - 12
- London September 11 conference on salvage casualty response
THE 10th Annual Maritime Salvage & Casualty Response conference is to take place on September 11-12 London, and will be chaired by Jim Elliot, CTO,...
- Design completed on new 2,500-TEU eco fuel container carrier
GERMANY's HB Hunte Engineering in Oldenburg and Leer-headquartered Hartmann Reederei have come up with a new, optimised green ship design for a...
- London September conference of Marine Salvage and Casualty response
THE 10th Annual Maritime Salvage & Casualty Response Conference is to take place on September 11-12 London, and will be chaired by Jim Elliot, CTO,...
- Westports' Q1 earnings rise 7.8pc YoY to US$34m
MALAYSIA's Westports Holdings Bhd saw first quarter net profit rise 13 per cent year on year to MYR139
- Matson receives second LNG-fuelled box ship from Philly Shipyard
PHILLY Shipyard Inc (PSI) has delivered the second of two 3600-TEU Aloha class containerships, the Kaimana Hila, to Matson Navigation Company
- Kerry Logistics profit up 15pc to US$310.8 million, as sales soar 24pc
HONG KONG's Kerry Logistics Network's 2018 profit attributed to shareholders increased 15 per cent year on year to HK$2
- ATI to wrap up Batangas box terminal expansion in Q2 amid volume growth
ASIAN Terminals Inc said the expansion of Batangas Container Terminal, on Luzon Island, is on track to be finished in the second quarter
- Montreal expands terminal 70pc, to boost port capacity to 2.1 million TEU
THE Port of Montreal is expanding the capacity of one of its four main terminals 70 per cent to keep up with a growing demand that boosted cargo...
- Eastern Pacific Shipping to fit six 15,000-TEUers with LNG
SINGAPORE's Eastern Pacific Shipping (EPS) has exercised an option that adds a further six 15,000 TEU containerships to five that it ordered in...