BUSINESSES operating around Apapa in Lagos will soon heave a sigh of relief, as indigenous firm, International Bulk Cargo Logistics (IBCL), has...
- New container terminal at Itori, Lagos to ease congestion at Apapa port
- Maersk Honam fire causes inconclusive, report exposes regulatory limitations
THE final report into the tragic fire on board the Maersk Honam in March 2018 that killed five crew has concluded that safety systems onboard the...
- Seafarers stranded by virus cause big increase in labour costs
SHIPOWNERS are facing rising labour costs as Covid restrictions continue to limit the movement of seafarers, reports Bloomberg News
- DP World collaborates with Israeli firm in bid for Haifa Port
DUBAI's DP World is partnering with an Israeli group to bid for one of Israel's two main ports and to examine opening a direct shipping line...
- CMA CGM hikes Asia-South Africa rate US$500 on September 15
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will levy a US$500 per TEU rate increase on cargo moving from Asia including China, South Korea, Taiwan, South East...
- Cosco gains US$1 billion from share sale of box maker CIMC
COSCO is expected to gain US$1 billion from selling most of its stake in China International Marine Containers (CIMC), reports Newark's Journal...
- Box ships surpass tankers with fitted scrubbers: BIMCO
CONTAINERSHIPS with a total cargo carrying capacity of 5
- Strong container sector helps minimise Yang Ming's losses
TAIWAN's Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation (Yang Ming) saw profits from its container sector hit by the negative impact of the coronavirus...
- Atlas Air Q2 profit down 9.2pc US$78.9 million as revenues rise 24.3pc
ATLAS Air Worldwide Holdings suffered a 9
- Port of Rotterdam cargo volumes suffer 9.1pc drop in first half
THE Port of Rotterdam lifted 218
- 100 dead, 4,000 injured in Beirut port ammonium nitrate blast
MORE than 78 were killed and 4,000 injured when a cache of ammonium nitrate in a Port of Beirut exploded, showering broken glasd city-wide over...
- CMA CGM ups Far East-India rate US$300/TEU - $500/FEU August 15
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has announced a rate increase of US$300 per TEU and $500 per FEU on cargo from the Far East to the Indian subcontinent...
- ICTSI inks concession contract with Cameroon's Kribi terminal
MANILA's International Container Terminal Services, Inc (ICTSI) has signed a concession contract with the Port Autonome de Kribi (PAK) for the...
- CMA CGM levies rate hike peak season surcharge in August
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will levy a Peak Season Surcharge of US$150 per TEU from August 1, but not beyond August 31
- CONCOR announces a first quarter profit decline of 21pc US$4.6 billion
CONTAINER Corporation of India (CONCOR) announced that its output volumes declined 21 per cent to 732,711 TEU in the financial year's first...
- CEVA plans to be tops in former British and French Africa
CEVA Logistics, now a unit of French shipping giant CMA CGM, is launching a three-part expansion plan for the African market, starting in east and...
- Gulf of Guinea Pirates Extend Their Reach Far from Shore
Days after the ICC International Maritime Bureau cited the Gulf of Guinea off West Africa as being the most dangerous for commercial shipping,...
- Damen contracted to deliver Cutter Suction Dredger to Argentina
The Damen Shipyards Group has sold a full option Cutter Suction Dredger (CSD) 500 to the Argentinian dredging contractor Servimagnus.
- Antwerp boxes up 0.4pc, but volume off 4.9pc to 223,799,781 tonnes
CONTAINER traffic through the Port of Antwerp was up 0
- S'pore's 1pc box decline offset by 3.7pc hike in mandated clean fuel sales
THE Port of Singapore saw a one per cent drop in container volumes in the first half of 2020, but bunker sales were up 3