FEDEX remained the world's busiest cargo airline despite volumes remaining flat year on year while Qatar moved into second place and UPS was up...
- FedEx still tops in air cargo but Qatar and Turkish are rising: IATA
- China's factories recover in July, says Purchasing Manager's Index
CHINA's factory activity expanded in July for the fifth month in a row and at a faster pace, beating analyst expectations despite disruptions...
- Air cargo market 'exceptionally challenging' despite improvement in June
THE latest IATA statistics show that there are some signs of improvement in the decline in airfreight traffic in June, but business remains...
- Box ship schedule reliability continues to improve in June
CONTAINER shipping consultancy Sea-Intelligence says global container schedule reliability improved by 3
- Increasing use of digital air cargo bookings despite Covid-19 outbreak
THE use of air cargo online booking portals looks set to increase over the coming months, despite a slowdown in growth during the height of the PPE...
- Hapag-Lloyd sells 7 ships in leaseback deal to increase liquidity
GERMAN container shipping line Hapag-Lloyd has sold seven 9,326 TEU container ships to China's Bank of Communications Financial Leasing (Bocomm...
- China-Africa trade down 20pc, hit from coronavirus in first half
TWO-WAY trade between China and Africa fell 19
- US box imports slide 10pc in June, better performance by west coast ports
UNLIKE the trend of the past year, US west coast ports fared better in comparison with their east and Gulf coast gateway rivals last month, recording...
- K+N's first-half earnings and net profit decline on coronavirus crisis
SWISS forwarding giant Kuehne + Nagel has posted sharp drops in revenue, earnings, and volumes in the first half of the year brought about by the...
- Greek shipowners repeat call for governments to facilitate crew change
With the pandemic continuing to spread around the globe, the need for uninterrupted operation of international shipping, remains vital the Union of...
- China aims to boost smart shipping industry
CHINA's Maritime Safety Administration has inked a deal with the country's state-owned shipbuilder China State Shipbuilding Corporation...
- Heathrow to close runway for repairs amid passenger traffic decline
HEATHROW Airport will close one of its two runways for the next few weeks for the preparatory work to begin as passenger traffic continues to...
- Turkish Cargo ups market share despite - or because of - Covid-19
TURKISH Cargo claims said it had increased its market share to five per cent from 4
- Kenya's China-built Mombasa-Nairobi railway moves 207,000 TEU in 2020
FREIGHT trains have continued to operate despite disruptions on the economy by Covid-19 moving 207,000 TEU the 300 miles between the Port of Mombasa...
- Reopenings spark US Asian import uptick, but is it a peak season hint?
US Asian imports increased 9
- Air freight rates rise to pre-Covid level as fuel prices increase to new levels
AIR freight rates have returned to mid-March levels as jet fuel prices continue to rise, according to London's Loadstar
- Global forwarding market adapting to new realities, says UK's Ti research
NEW research from Transport Intelligence (Ti) shows the post-Covid-19 global forwarding market is already emerging
- LNG drives Northern Sea Route H1 transits up 1.1pc to 14.5 million tonnes
SHIPMENTS on the Northern Sea Route increased 1
- Covid-19 reveals how working from home will cut more shore jobs
DESPITE disruptions caused by the Covid-19 crisis, more than 80 per cent of the normal volumes continued to be shipped, according to Sea-Intelligence...
- Box volume at Virginia port plunges 23pc in May due to pandemic
THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume in May plummeted 22