HONG Kong's Customs and Excise Department seized nearly 10 tonnes of rare, protected wood with an estimated value of HKD6 million (US$774,000)...
- Nearly 10 tonnes of protected wood in container seized by HK Customs
- MSC Ravenna crewman in LA court accused of killing another at sea
A CREWMAN onboard the 14,000-TEU Liberian-flagged MSC Ravenna has been charged with the fatal stabbing of a fellow crewman while on a transpacific...
- Israeli media says El Al to add Dubai 747's freight network
ISRAELI flag-carrier El Al has revealed plans to offer Boeing 747 freighter service from Tel Aviv to Dubai, although the flight will operate via...
- U-Freight busy with project for airline repair firms, despite Covid-19
HONG Kong-based freight forwarder and logistics company, U-Freight says its project activity for airline repair companies has been holding up...
- SF Express carries out first large pilotless cargo UAV flight
EXPRESS giant SF Express has completed a successful trial of a large cargo unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) flight, according to the Xinhua news agency
- South Korea's HHI builds world's first LNG-powered container ship
SOUTH Korea's global shipbuilding giant Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) Group announced that it has built a very large container ship powered by...
- CP launches first international container trains from Saint John, NB
THE Canadian Pacific Railway has launched its international intermodal service through the Port of Saint John, New Brunwick
- Travel restrictions lead to spike in air cargo drug seizures in Hong Kong
HONG Kong air cargo drug seizures surged 165 per cent in first five months as Covid-19 restrictions prevent couriers from flying into city
- New Shandong-Europe Express link starts rolling
THE new Shandong-Europe Express train from Jinan arrived at Hamburg's Billwerder Terminal for the first time on April 30, with forty-one FEU
- Matson biggest, a con-ro that carries 3,500 TEU and 500 vehicles
HAWAII's Matson shipping line said it had taken delivery of the container/ro-ro (con-ro) ship, the Lurline with a 3,500-TEU container capacity...
- Box, bulk, cruise lines mull spending US$5 billion on R&D decarbonisation
EIGHT owner lobbies, representing 90 per cent of the world's merchant fleet, propose spending US$5 billion on research and development into...
- Canadian National Railway strike ends, membership still to ratify deal
THE weeklong Canadian National Railway strike that halted shipments across Canada and into the United States, is over, reports Bloomberg
- Nippon Express launches 'NEX-SPEED Mach! Jakarta' - high-speed to Indonesia
JAPAN's Nippon Express has started offering NEX-SPEED Mach! Jakarta, a high-speed air service to Indonesia, combining the convenience of its own...
- UPS is ready for holiday volumes, already making deliveries by drone
PROFIT at United Parcel Service (UPS) has been increasingly partly because next-day and second-day deliveries in the US are booming as online...
- Two shipping firms fined US$1.8m for illegally dumping oily bilge water in US
NEDERLAND Shipping Co and Chartworld Shipping Co have agreed to pay a US$1
- Lion Air to launch long delayed IPO by year end
INDONESIA'S Lion Air is in the final stage of preparing to launch an initial public offering (IPO) that has been delayed multiple times
- Greek port officials face charges linked to cartel operations
EIGHTEEN individuals, including shipowners, are facing charges as a wide-ranging investigation gets underway in Greece's two major ports, Piraeus...
- SpiceXpress leases B737-800 converted freighter for South Asia cargo moves
SPICEXPRESS, the cargo division of SpiceJet, has received its first 737-800 Boeing converted freighter (BCF) that will be used to operate routes in...
- Anglo-Eastern and EXMAR Ship Management set up jv to handle LNG carriers
GLOBAL provider of independent ship management services Anglo-Eastern Univan Group (Anglo-Eastern) and EXMAR Ship Management (EXMAR) have announced...
- Korean Air Cargo expands freighter net, shifts production to SE Asia
KOREAN Air has commenced a twice weekly freighter service between Seoul and Bangkok operated by a Boeing 777 freighter