SWISS international shipping carrier Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) has forecast that hydrogen and biofuels are to become key components of...
- MSC's executive says hydrogen, biofuels are the key to future fuel mix
- Box ships surpass tankers with fitted scrubbers: BIMCO
CONTAINERSHIPS with a total cargo carrying capacity of 5
- Cosco about to complete planned scrubber installations
CHINA's Cosco Shipping Lines (Cosco) is about to complete scrubber installations, a plan that was announced in 2019
- Covid-19 cuts Spanish bunker sales 26pc, box ships suffer less
BUNKER sales fell by more than a quarter in Spanish ports in April as Covid-19 lockdowns weighed heavily on demand, reports London's Argus Media,...
- Cargo ship calls at Singapore hub plummet to 27-year low, marine fuel sales fall!
Cargo ship arrivals in Singapore, the world's top transhipment and bunkering hub, plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while...
- Singapore ship calls plummet to 27-year low, bunker sales fall
SINGAPORE ship arrivals have plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while bunker sales fall to a three-month low, Reuters reports
- IMO 2020 added $100 million to CMA CGM's first quarter bunker bill
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM bunker fuel bill rose 11 per cent in the first quarter, as fuel became more expensive immediately after the global...
- ANALYSIS: LNG fails to answer shipping's big energy transition!
LNG has the shipping industry's attention as the next step to meeting climate change goals. It's already being...
- Japan's First LNG Bunkering Vessel Launched
Japan’s first LNG bunker vessel (LBV) was successfully launched at the Sakaide Works of Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd.
- Scrubbers investment expected to have 18-month payback for megas
SOME 2,753 vessels, totalling 328
- Florida ports aiming to be greener with the use of alternative fuels
A REPORT released by the Florida Ports Council and the Florida Natural Gas Association shows Florida's seaports and industry partners are...
- Decarbonisation of shipping industry comes with US$1 trillion price tag
A WHOOPING US$1 trillion is required to cut the shipping industry's greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in half
- Light fuel oil blends emerge in Singapore that can clog ship engines
LIGHTER fuel oil blends that may be derived from blending with waxy diesel oil that can result in excessive sludge have surfaced in Singapore's...
- Singapore's container throughput hits record high in 2019 lifting 37.2m TEU
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Singapore hit an all-time high of 37
- IMO 2020 raises fears and 'what ifs' as uncertainties abound
FEARS mount in the shipping industry as bunker adjustment factors are introduced by major shipping lines along with the insufficient output of very...
- 'UN sulphur fuel rule disproportionately hurts African shipping'
THE impoverished shipping sector of Africa will be hit disproportionally hard by the imposition of the United Nations costly very low sulphur fuel...
- China hoards compliant low sulphur fuel ahead of Jan 1 deadline
CHINESE marine fuel suppliers have signed up short-term deals to buy compliant low-sulphur fuel from Shell, Uniper and US commodities trader...
- LNG-powered box ships are yet to lure switch in industry to cleaner fuels
CMA CGM shortsea subsidiary Containerships has taken delivery of its fourth liquefied natural gas-powered vessel, the 1,380 TEU Containerships Arctic
- Total to supply natural gas to CMA CGM's 15,000-TEU box ships from 2021
TOTAL has agreed to supply French shipping line CMA CGM with 270,000 tonnes per year of liquefied natural gas (LNG) over a decade
- Hudong-Zhonghua to build LNG bunkering vessel, 25,000-TEU LNG-fuelled box ship
CHINA's Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding (H&Z) is pursuing the development of a 18,000-cubic metre large LNG bunkering vessel, after signing a...