THE International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) has welcomed the comprehensive CO2 reduction rules, agreed by member states of the UN's International...
- ICS: Too much CO2 will bring 'serious negative consequences'
- Kuehne + Nagel Q3 profit up 24pc to US$293m on the back of revenue slide
SWISS-BASED forwarder Kuehne + Nagel posted a net profit of US$293 million in the third quarter, an increase of 24 per cent compared to the same...
- Cathay Pacific's airfreight demand ramping up
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 109,453 tonnes of cargo and mail in September, a decrease of 36
- Fresh drop in commercial flights adds to jet fuel glut concerns
With Autumn arriving, the world's oil refineries struggle with a glut of jet fuel that's crushing profitability, reports London's Air...
- Qatar Airways posts US$1.9 billion net loss as revenues rise 6.4pc
QATAR Airways posted a net loss of QAR7 billion (US$1
- FMC told it has no authority to deal with ATA's chassis complaint
THE US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has been told by container lines that it has no authority to adjudicate an American Trucking Associations...
- Trafigura lobbies UN to introduce ship decarbonisation tax
DUTCH ship charterer Trafigura is lobbying for a decarbonisation tax by the UN's International Maritime Organisation (IMO) of between US$250-$300...
- Shipowners 'see dollar signs' as charter market soars
THE latest Alphaliner idle tonnage report shows that a further 65 vessels, for a total of 155,350 TEU, have found employment in the past two weeks,...
- Liftings at Port of LA reach record 961,833 TEU in August
THE Port of Los Angeles had its best month ever in August, processing a record-setting 961,833 TEU in August
- Cathay flew 98.8pc fewer passengers and 36.7pc less cargo in August
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 102,122 tonnes of cargo and mail in August, a decrease of 36
- Global container shipping had its best second quarter since 2010
THE container shipping industry made US$2
- Sanmar delivers another tug to Somaliland Port Authority
- Indo-China trade at risk as border skirmishes intensify
INDIA banned 118 more mostly Chinese apps, raising tensions after troops skirmished over a disputed Himalayan border site, raising doubts about the...
- Caixin PMI shows marks of recovery in China's services sector
CHINA's services activity again expanded at a solid pace in August, though slightly slower than the previous month, a Caixin-sponsored survey...
- July air cargo demand stable, but capacity remains constrained by Covid
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) has reported that global demand, measured in cargo ton kilometres (CTKs), fell by 13
- 23,964-TEU HMM Hamburg makes its first call in at Port of Hamburg
With the first call of the 23,964-TEU HMM Hamburg, another ship of the so-called 'Megamax-24 class' headed for the port of Hamburg last night
- 'HMM HAMBURG' Makes Its First Call in Hamburg
With the first call of the 'HMM HAMBURG', another ship of the so-called 'Megamax-24 class' headed for the port of Hamburg last night
- Idle box ship volume falls below 1m TEU for first time this year
THE latest survey by Aplphaliner shows that some 90 containerships, equating to over 600,000 TEU of capacity, have found employment in the past month...
- Turkey finds 320 bcm of natural gas in Black Sea, Erdoğan announces
Turkey has made its biggest-ever natural gas discovery in the Black Sea, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan announced Friday.
- China's plan to cut air pollution by boosting rail freight falls behind target
OFFICIAL data and media reports in China show that the nation's ambitious three-year plan to boost railway cargo volume and reduce long-distance...