HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific has confirmed that it will cut 8,500 jobs across the entire group, including 5,300 local staff and 600...
- Cathay Pacific axes 8,500 jobs and shuts down Cathay Dragon
- 23,964-TEU HMM Hamburg makes its first call in at Port of Hamburg
With the first call of the 23,964-TEU HMM Hamburg, another ship of the so-called 'Megamax-24 class' headed for the port of Hamburg last night
- 'HMM HAMBURG' Makes Its First Call in Hamburg
With the first call of the 'HMM HAMBURG', another ship of the so-called 'Megamax-24 class' headed for the port of Hamburg last night
- Hamburg H1 volume plunges 12.4pc with falling China trade
GERMANY's Port of Hamburg has become the latest victim of the COVID-19 pandemic, reporting a 12
- Qantas launches US$1.3billion placement and axes 6,000 jobs
AUSTRALIA's Qantas Airways has launched an AUD1
- Hamburg quarterly cargo falls 7.9pc, as boxes slip 6.6pc to 2.2 million TEU
GERMANY's main Port of Hamburg suffered a first quarter year-on-year 7
- UK retailer turns to Singapore Airlines to overcome capacity crunch
MANCHESTER's online retailer The Hut Group (THG) is to charter two cargo aircraft and launch a partnership with Singapore Airlines to secure...
- New Shandong-Europe Express link starts rolling
THE new Shandong-Europe Express train from Jinan arrived at Hamburg's Billwerder Terminal for the first time on April 30, with forty-one FEU
- Port of Hamburg Marketing has been named 'Best Logistics Brand'
MEMBERS of the logistics network BVL and the readers of the trade paper Logistik Heute have again named the Port of Hamburg as the 'Best...
- Scarce containers aplenty in Germany, says Port of Hamburg
CONTRARY to widespread belief that there is a shortage of available shipping containers worldwide, the Port of Hamburg Marketing (HHM) assures the...
- Mega-ships ease through Elbe after fairway widening
VESSELS with a combined width of up to 98 metres can now pass each other in a widened section of the Elbe known as the 'passing box' - a...
- Maersk to drop Hamburg port call temporarily from ME1 service
MAERSK Line is making a seasonal adjustment to the rotation of its ME1 service: starting from February it will temporarily suspend calls to the Port...
- CEVA shakes up senior executive line-up as part of restructuring
FRANCE's CMA CGM Group is undergoing a major restructuring in a bid to return CEVA Logistics to profitability, one year after it launched a...
- EU-Singapore accord to benefit port of Hamburg with greater trade
THE new trade agreement between the European Union and Singapore is expected to create 'additional upswing' for foreign trade on the...
- FedEx adds B767F to its Madrid-Paris route as part of modernisation
FEDEX Express has added a new Boeing 767-300 freighter that will operate five times a week on its Madrid, Spain to Paris Charles de Gaulle airport...
- Volga-Dnepr to axe 100 jobs and further shrink An-124 fleet
RUSSIA's Volga-Dnepr is reported to be making 100 job cuts and taking one or two of its Antonov An-124 aircraft out of service
- Greece axes Cosco box terminal, but okays overall Piraeus upgrade
THE Greek Port Planning and Development Committee has approved to most of the Chinese-controlled Piraeus Port Authority's (PPA) master plan,...
- FedEx slashes freighter capacity on weak outlook by retiring aircraft
FEDEX chairman Fred Smith has announced that the express giant is to cut its freighter capacity in response to weaker macroeconomic conditions
- British Airways pilots' strike enters 2nd day as IAG labour woes spread
BRITISH Airways (BA) has cancelled nearly all of its 850 daily flights, affecting more than 100,000 passengers, reports Al Jazeera
- Canadian west coast dockers: Port automation will eliminate 9,200 jobs
A REPORT by Canada's International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) has concluded that automating British Columbia's ports without...