THE Port of Oakland handled a total of 93,916 TEU of imports last month, surpassing the 2019 record by 10
- Oakland port has best September ever for import volume with a spike of 11pc
- Antong Holdings auctions general cargo ship after government bailout
CASH-STRAPPED Chinese domestic liner operator Antong Holdings has begun selling assets to raise cash, a day after securing a government bailout
- Cathay Pacific's airfreight demand ramping up
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 109,453 tonnes of cargo and mail in September, a decrease of 36
- JNPT container volume slips to 380,384 TEU in September
INDIA's leading port Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) said it handled 380,384TEU in September, which is 95 per cent of the cargo handled in the...
- Halifax clears container pile-up from Covid and Montreal dock strike
CANADA's Port of Halifax has been working to clear a backlog of containers that have been accumulating at its terminals because of a rebound in...
- Court rules Panamax Alexander was responsible for Suez pile-up
A UK High Court judge has ruled that the 74,247-dwt bulk carrier Panamax Alexander was responsible for the five-vessel casualty that closed the Suez...
- Charter rates soar with old panamaxes fetching top dollar
CONTAINERSHIP charter rates continue to soar against a backdrop of tight supply across most sectors, reports London's Loadstar
- CP Rail reports best 3rd quarter and September for grain
THE Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) posted its best-ever third quarter for Canadian grain and grain products shipments, moving 7
- CMA CGM names IT chief after cyber attack as IMO recovers
CMA CGM's eBusiness website remain down one week on from a ransomware attack while the website of the UN's International Maritime...
- Westport 2's transshipments based on sound capacity expansion
MALAYSIA's Westport 2 expansion plan is expected to increase the por's capacity by 50 per cent to 28 million TEU per annum by 2040, say...
- Maersk calls for state aid as stranded sailors rise to 400,000
Maersk is calling to resolve a labour crisis that has stranded 400,000 workers on ships, reports Bloomberg
- Irate maritime industry critical of EU's vote to include shipping in the ETS
INDUSTRY associations and regulators have criticised the European Union following the recent vote in the European Parliament to include shipping in...
- China and Greece commit to joint work on Belt and Road Initiative
CHINA and Greece have pledged to further develop relations between the two countries and jointly work on the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI)
- CMA CGM's first of nine LNG-powered 23,000 TEU box ships enters service
THE world's largest LNG-powered ship, the 23,000 TEU CMA CGM Jacques Saade, has entered into service plying the carrier's French Asia Line...
- How rescuing drowning migrants became a crime!
The Iuventa ran hundreds of missions to save migrants from drowning off the coast of Libya. But after Europe cracked down on migration, its crew...
- Sydney's container congestion sparks anger all round Down Under
SYDNEY's pile up of empties, sorely needed in China ports if liners would only take them there, are causing massive congestion in Botany Bay,...
- 3 migrants jump into sea from Maersk tanker stranded off Malta
THREE migrants stranded aboard a Danish tanker for over a month awaiting a port to disembark jumped into the Mediterranean Sea in a sign of...
- Mumbai's Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust on the mend from Covid crisis
EASING health restrictions has eased the decline in cargo volume at Mumbai's Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) from 35 per cent in the initial...
- Global container shipping had its best second quarter since 2010
THE container shipping industry made US$2
- Oz searches homes of Chinese journalists in tit-for-tat raids
TENSIONS between China and Australia took a new twist when Australian security forces raided homes of Chinese journalists, and seizing what...