TAIWAN's Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp says its ten 2,800 TEU container vessels, currently being constructed by CSBC, will receive Smart Ship...
- Yang Ming builds new smart 2,800 TEU container vessels
- Svitzer takes delivery of Sanmar tugs.
Sanmar Shipyards is delighted to announce that the first two tugs in a five tug order with Svitzer for ongoing operations in Oman have recently...
- World hunger may double as virus disrupts supply chains: experts
WORLD food processing giants Nestle Unilever, Danone and PepsiCo warned that chronic hunger may double from 800 million because of trade restrictions...
- COVID-19 impacts observing system
The World Meteorological Organization (WMO) is concerned about the increasing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the quantity and quality of weather...
- Nautilus International: UK must bring home British crew stuck onboard Ruby Princess
Nautilus International is calling on the UK government to assist its members onboard the Bermuda-flagged cruise ship Ruby Princess, which has been...
- Neptune Pacific Line buys Singapore's PIL subsidiary Pacific Direct Line
NEPTUNE Pacific Line (Neptune), which provides container shipping services in the Pacific between Australia, New Zealand and Fiji, has acquired...
- DRC Pointe-Noire terminal now open, capable of docking 14,000-TEUers
THE new Congo Terminal, at Pointe-Noire in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), has been inaugurated by DRC President SE Denis Sassou Nguesso,...
- Zimbabwe ends ban on genetically modified corn imports to avoid famine
ZIMBABWE has removed a ban on the import of genetically modified corn for the first time in 12 years as countries in southern African take steps to...
- MSC levies US$800/FEU hike for US-Far East reefer boxes March 16
THE Swiss Italian Mediterranean Shipping Co (MSC) will levy at rate increase on US westbound cargo to the Far East from March 16
- Port of Savannah sets new record with 5.6pc rise to 4.6 million TEU
THE Port of Savannah posted a 5
- Tanger Med lifted 4.8 million TEU in 2019, attracting major investors
THE Tanger Med port 2 complex at one of Morocco's largest ports handled 4
- Sold out Air Cargo 2020 to bring together aviation, logistics players
CONFERENCE Air Cargo 2020 is to be held at the Omni Hotel on January 26-28 in Nashville, Tennessee
- Ningbo-Zhoushan port's 2019 sea-rail cargo volumes soar 33pc in 2019
THE container throughput in sea-rail transport at Ningbo-Zhoushan Port in east China's Zhejiang Province increased over 33
- Amazon becomes its own biggest deliverer, shipping 3.5 billion parcels
AMERICAN e-commerce giant Amazon
- Abu Dhabi to spend US$1b on Khalifa Port expansion
THE capacity of Abu Dhabi's Khalifa Port is to be increased by 50 per cent by the end of 2020 as part of a AED3
- Asia-Europe up 4.4pc to US$800/TEU, USWC up 7.4pc to $1,509/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday jumped 9
- 24-year-old second mate disappears from S'pore 3,800-TEUer at sea
RELATIVES of missing Second Officer Vladislav Maslov, 24, of the 13,800-TEU Thalassa Patris are trying to find out what has happened to him after he...
- Ghana's Tema port raises box fees 11pc to fund terminal construction
THE Government of Ghana has granted permission for the Port of Tema to raise container handling charges by an average of 10
- Kuehne + Nagel buys overland and logistics units of Netherlands' Rotra
FOLLOWING the recent takeover of the Jobst Group in Austria, Swiss global logistics giant Kuehne + Nagel announced the acquisition of the overland...
- Nigeria's Kaduna Dry Port seeks to stop loss of 100,000 TEU to Benin
NIGERIA's Kaduna Dry Port is losing 100,000 TEU of Niger Republic's transit cargo to Benin's largest sea port that is located 1,500...