SOUTH Korea's shipbuilder Samsung Heavy Industries Co has secured a US$920 million order to build six 23,764 TEU container ships for Evergreen...
- Samsung Heavy wins US$920m deal to build six 23,764 TEU box ships for Evergreen
- Rail freight carloads: US up 3.9pc, Canada up 6.4pc, Mexico down 6.6pc
TOTAL combined weekly rail traffic in North America came in at 764,386 carloads and intermodal units, up 3
- Port Everglades faces difficulties in targeting Mexico, Asia growth
FOLLOWING last year's decrease in container volume due to weakness in its core markets, the Caribbean and Central America, Port Everglades is looking...
- Panama Canal welcomes world's first LNG-powered box ship
THE world's first containership powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG) has transited through the Panama Canal.
- Isla Bella: The World’s First LNG-Powered Container Ship delivered
Isla Bella is the worlds first LNG-powered container shipOn Friday, General Dynamics subsidiary NASSCO has delivered Isla Bella, the world’s first...
- Shanghai International Port Group moves to take over Jinjiang Shipping
SHANGHAI International Port (Group) (SIPG), Shanghai's port operator, will move ahead with plans to buy 79.2 per cent intra-Asia container concern...
- Cash rich Westports on prowl for southeast Asian assets to acquire
MALAYSIAN port operator Westports Holdings is seeking merger and acquisition partners in southeast Asia, reports IHS Maritime 360.
- Maersk Line Named Sustainable Ship Operator of the Year
Danish-based container shipping line Maersk Line has been named Sustainable Ship Operator of the Year at the inaugural Ship Efficiency Awards 2014.
- World’s Largest CONROs to Dock in Liverpool
Atlantic Container Line (ACL) has chosen the Port of Liverpool as the UK port of call for its new RORO/container ships, largest CONROs in...
- US beef exports up 56pc to Hong Kong, but Russian meat boycott hits hard
US BEEF exports to Hong Kong soared 56 per cent in May to 7,182 tonnes year on year while Taiwan's volume soared 764 per cent to 2,720 tonnes
- TOTE’s LNG-Powered Containerships Receives Prestigious Nor-Shipping Award
TOTE’s 3100 TEU LNG-powered containerships took home the Next Generation Award at Nor-Shipping 2013 on June 4 in Oslo, Norway.
- General Dynamics to build 3,000-TEU LNG box ships for TOTE
GENERAL Dynamics NASSCO has signed a contract with TOTE Inc, for the design and construction of two 3,100-TEU ships
- New contract to sustain 600 jobs at NASSCO - North County Times (blog)
The MotorshipNew contract to sustain 600 jobs at NASSCONorth County Times (blog)Rebounding from a long slump in commercialshipbuilding, General...
- A's ship Gio Gonzalez to Washington - Sacramento Bee
Yahoo! SportsA'sshipGio Gonzalez to WashingtonSacramento BeeBy Sports Network The Oakland Athletics have traded left-handed starting pitcher Gio...