NASDAQ-LISTED Greek box ship owner Euroseas has sold three of its eldest vessels for scrap for a total of around US$7
- Euroseas receives US$7.6m for three of its eldest vessels sold for scrap
- Ningbo-Zhoushan port set to expand box throughput by 5.6m TEU
THE world's largest port in terms of cargo throughput in the past decade, Ningbo-Zhoushan, has mapped out a significant expansion to its far...
- Shenzhen offers US$58.6m in subsidies to help local shipping industry
SHENZHEN Municipal Transport Bureau has offered total subsidies of CNY410 million (US$58
- Coronavirus drags down China's sea port cargo volumes by 6m TEU
CARGO traffic at China's sea ports is expected to have dropped by six million TEU owing to the prolonged Lunar New Year holiday, a move...
- Maersk loses US$44m in 2019 despite flat liftings of 26.6m TEU
THE Maersk Group lost US$61 million in the fourth quarter of 2019, leading to an overall net loss of $44 million last year
- Chinese ports could see box volume down by 6m TEU in Q1 from coronavirus
CONTAINER port volumes in China could take an estimated hit of 6 million TEU in the first quarter of 2020 from the impact of the coronavirus,...
- GTR opens new US$5.6m airfreight hub at Kuala Lumpur Airport
GTR (Ground Team Red), a joint venture between AirAsia and SATS, has opened a new airfreight hub at Kuala Lumpur Airport's Air Cargo Terminal 1
- Georgia ports to lift record 4.6m TEU in 2019; rail cargo surges 30pc in 3 years
THE Georgia Ports Authority is on track to exceed a milestone annual container handling throughput of 4
- ICTSI Oregon wins US$93.6m in court battle with unionised dockworkers
ICTSI Oregon, the operator of the port of Portland's Terminal 6 from 2011 to 2017, has been awarded US$93
- Port of Tokyo's H1 imports and exports drop to 4.6m TEU
JAPAN'S port of Tokyo handled 4
- Port of Mombasa aims to handle 1.6m TEU by 2022 by cutting turnaround time
THE Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) is targeting to improve efficiency at the Port of Mombasa to boost cargo handling capacity to 1
- Baltimore port wins US$6.6m federal grant to deepen berth to 50ft
A PROJECT to deepen a second container berth to 50 feet at the Helen Delich Bentley port of Baltimore's Seagirt Marine Terminal will receive US$6
- Chinese shipbreakers are heading for a another downturn
Chinese shipbreakers are heading for a another downturn as domestic scrap prices plunge to record lows, Platts said citing data from the China...
- Germany: DFDS, P+S Werften Finalize Newbuilding Contracts
Today, all conditions have been met for the two newbuilding contracts between DFDS and the German shipyard P+S Werften GmbH, Stralsund
- Pirates seized MV Albedo in Indian Ocean
Suspected Somali pirates seized a Malaysian freighter and its crew last week in the Indian Ocean, taking the number of hostages currently held past...