Seven people have been arrested on suspicion of seizing control of an oil tanker, police have said.
- Tanker stowaways: Seven men arrested over ship's 'hijacking'
- Record 400-plus migrants cross Channel in one day
More than 400 migrants have crossed the English Channel in small boats - a record for a single day.
- Dramatic Photos Show Wakashio Being Deliberately Sunk!
Dramatic Photos Show Wakashio Being Deliberately Sunk As Mystery Continues Over Final Location!
- Zim like other carriers report profitable Q2 despite slide in volumes
ISRAELI carrier Zim has joined the fleet of major shipping lines reporting impressive second-quarter profits, despite significant volume declines, by...
- Most of the Wakashio ship now on the the Indian Ocean's floor!
Front three-quarters of the Wakashio bulk carrier now sitting on the floor of the Indian Ocean
- Hapag-Lloyd quarterly profit off 73.9pc to US$27 million as revenue rises 6pc
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd's first quarter net profit fell 73
- Things picking up in China as ship calls return to previous levels
THERE are signs that shipping operations in China are returning to normal, according to figures from Lloyd's List Intelligence, which show the...
- Asia-Europe falls 3.6pc to US$804/TEU, USWC slide 2pc to $1,394/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday edged down 3
- Shipping Australia hails Hyundai Merchant Marine as voting member
KOREA's Hyundai Merchant Marine Australia, a member of THE Alliance, with more than 100 ships, totalling 394,000 TEU has now joined shipowner...
- Cathay group cargo volume drops 14pc in August to 161,394 tonnes
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon declared that its August cargo volume declined 14 per cent year on year to 161,394 tonnes
- Hong Kong April air cargo declines 8.1pc to 394,000 tonnes
HONG KONG International Airport (HKIA) suffered an 8
- Hapag-Lloyd 2018 profit up 7.6pc to US$1,28 billion as sales rise 15pc
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd's 2018 operating profit increased 7
- Qatar ports increased volume 6.1pc to 110,394 TEU in January
BELEAGURED Qatar ports have got off to a flying start in the New Year as container traffic rose 6
- MSC has Qingdao yard add 3,000 TEU to eleven 14,000-TEU ships
THE Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) has ordered Qingdao's Beihai Shipbuilding to raise the capacity of eleven 14,000-TEU vessels to 17,000 TEU...
- LA port posts record box volumes of 8.8m TEU in 2016
THE Port of Los Angeles posted record cargo volumes in 2016 handling more than 8.85 million TEU for the year, an 8.5 per cent increase from 2015 and...
- Expansion of Caribbean ports to handle mega ships via Panama Canal
AS the Caribbean gears up for handling mega ships in the wake of and expanded Panama Canal, winners will be terminals with deep draft, enough cranes...
- Cosco Pacific June volumes up 4.5pc to 8m TEU
CONTAINER terminals operator, Cosco Pacific, has announced that box throughput in June has continued to rise with overall volumes gaining 4.5 per...
- SOCAR suspends shipment of oil from Novorossiysk port
In June 2015, the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) exported 339 020 tons of crude oil from the port of Supsa and 1 699 925 tons from the port...
- World’s largest container ship enters the Panama Registry
The Panama Maritime Authority (AMP) has announced that the Merchant Marine Department has inscribed in the Panama Registry the world’s largest...
- Philadelphia up 16.7pc to 449,122 TEU, dredging 70pc done in 2014
THE Philadelphia Regional Port Authority (PRPA) has posted a 16.7 per cent year-on-year container volume increase in 2014 to 449,122 TEU as well as a...