THE cyclone Mekunu-ravaged port of Salalah pulled off an impressive recovery in 2019 with container throughput rising to a record 4
- Salalah port sees box volumes grow 21pc to new high of 4.1m TEU
- Georgia to expand Savannah box terminal by 1m TEU through land acquisition
THE Georgia Ports Authority has acquired 145 acres of land to expand the port of Savannah by one million TEU in annual capacity
- India's JNPT handles record 5.1m TEU in 2019
INDIA's Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) processed a record-high 5
- Chittagong box volume up 7pc to 3.1m TEU, Dhaka ICD throughput also rises
BANGLADESH's leading gateway, Chittagong port posted seven per cent growth in container volumes last year
- APM's Moin Container Terminal handles 1m TEU in less than one year
APM Terminals' Moin Container Terminal in Costa Rica has celebrated the movement of its one millionth TEU, achieved in less than 10 months of...
- Seaspan acquires six box ships for US$380m as fleet capacity nears 1m TEU
HONG Kong's containership charterer and Vancouver-based company, Seaspan Corporation announced that it has agreed to acquire a fleet of six...
- Global Jan-July box volumes rise 1.2pc with extra 1m+ TEU due by 2022
GLOBAL container volumes increased by 1
- American Airlines fined US$22.1m for false mail delivery reports
AMERICAN Airlines, based in Fort Worth, Texas, is to pay a US$22
- Jaxport box throughput in FY2019 to date is up 6pc to 1m TEU
THE Jacksonville Port Authority (Jaxport) handled one million TEU over the first three quarters of fiscal year 2019, representing a year-on-year...
- ONE Thailand transport 1m TEU since launch 9 months ago
OCEAN Network Express (ONE) Thailand has reached a major milestone after transporting one million TEU just nine months into the start of business
- DP World's Fairview Terminal in Canada hits landmark 1m TEU throughput
CANADA's port of Prince Rupert has celebrated a new milestone, the Fairview container terminal handling its one millionth container (TEU) for the...
- UK's East Midlands Airport due to handle 1m packages per night before Xmas
THE UK's East Midlands Airport (EMA) is expected to see one million packages flown in and out each night in the run-up to Christmas, fuelled by...
- Allision on Volgo-Balt Canal
On Aug 25, 2018, the 'Volgoneft 102' allided with the right edge of the lower main gate, while entering the lower dam into lock No
- Manager sought for super yacht
A ship manager will be hired to manage the 'Equanimity' and to look into the needs of the crew
- Yacht returned to Port Klang
Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad said on Aug 6 that Indonesia has handed over the 'Equanimity' allegedly bought with money stolen...
- KL suspends US$22 billion in Chinese infrastructure deals
MALAYSIA's newly-elected government has suspended US$22 billion in China-backed infrastructure projects while it probes Chinese financing and...
- Chennai port vies to become major fuel hub for ships
Chennai Port, located strategically between Singapore and Fujairah, the world’s first and second largest bunker fuel suppliers, has plans to make...
- Berbera port spends US$442m to boost volume to 1m TEU
THE government of Somaliland is preparing to start construction of new facilities at the port of Berbera in the wake of forming a tripartite port...
- Port of Savannah's box volume rises 5.8pc in Q1 FY2018 to 1m TEU
THE Port of Savannah handled one million TEU across its Garden City Terminal between July 1 and September 30, representing an increase of 5.8 per...
- Recycling of Coast Concordia completed
Recycling of Coast Concordia completed