THE Port of Los Angeles container volume fell six per cent year on year to 690,000 TEU in April due to the continuing impact from the Covid-19...
- LA April volume falls 6pc to 690,000 TEU, LB falls 17.3pc to 519,730 TEU
- Port of Long Beach box volume off 17.3pc to 519,730 TEU in April
THE Port of Long Beach container volume fell 17
- Long Beach voliume slips in April as virus crisis causes demand to plunge
ECONOMIC effects of the COVID-19 pandemic continued to impact trade at the Port of Long Beach in April with fewer cargo containers moving through the...
- Capital Product Partners to spend US$163m to acquire three box ships
GREEK shipping company Capital Product Partners (CPLP) has agreed to acquire three 10,000 TEU sister container ships for US$162
- Textainer to buy LAPCO in US66m deal
TEXTAINER Group Holdings (TGH) says its wholly-owned subsidiary, Textainer Ltd, has entered into an agreement to purchase Leased Assets Pool Company...
- US-China trade war hits global container shipping as demand falls
GLOBAL container shipping demand growth slowed to one per cent during the first nine months of the year, according to Bimco's chief shipping...
- Russia's sea ports achieve 8.1 per cent YoY container traffic growth in July
SEA ports in Russia saw their total container throughput in July rise by 8
- Panalpina suffers slight decline in first half profit and revenue
SWISS global forwarder Panalpina recorded stable has a first half year-on-year 5
- Cathay Pacific suffers 9pc drop in cargo in June to 163,977 tonnes
CATHAY Pacific together with sister airline Cathay Dragon combined carried 163,977 tonnes of cargo and mail in June, representing a year-on-year...
- Cathay Pacific's April cargo fell 6.2pc to 163,694 tonnes
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried 163,694 tonnes of cargo and mail in April, a drop of 6
- January air cargo off up to 8pc for Asia, Europe, Americas carriers
AIR cargo carriers based in Asia, Europe and the Americas suffered a drop in cargo volumes in January, with the six major Asia-based airlines...
- Rotterdam port sees box traffic rise to record 14.5 million TEU
THE Port of Rotterdam Authority saw 469 million tonnes of cargo pass through its gates in 2018, just beating the record set in 2017
- Cargo volumes at Frankfurt airport dip 4.3pc in January
CARGO was the only sector to register a decline at Frankfurt airport in January compared to the same month last year
- China pumps US$163.2 billion into infrastructure to prop up economy
CHINA has approved 16 infrastructure development projects worth a total of CNY1
- Brand new Russian Navy corvette VYSHNY VOLOCHEK towed through Çanakkale Strait
Brand new Russian Navy corvette VYSHNY VOLOCHEK was spotted transiting Dardanelles under tow of Russian Navy SAR tug PROFESSOR NIKOLAY MURU on Nov 6,...
- Major collision in Dover Strait
Major collision in Dover Strait
- Engine failure in English Canal
Engine failure in English Canal
- Japanese Orderbook: Down But Showing Staying Power
The Japanese orderbook has shown its endurance in the current muted shipbuilding market and recently surpassed its South Korean counterpart in size...
- Trawler suffered steering trouble off Eyemouth
Trawler suffered steering trouble off Eyemouth
- SCPA November volume breaks record at 175,217 TEU, up 14pc
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) handled 175,217 TEU in November, a record for that month and representing a 14 per cent increase over the same...