PHILIPPINE stock exchange-listed port operator Asian Terminals Inc (ATI) has seen its profits sink by 46
- Manila's Asian Terminals' H1 profits plunge 46pc hit by Covid-19
- ICTSI's H1 profit off 12pc to US$113.4 million, revenue down 4pc
MANILA's International Container Terminal Services Inc (ICTSI) has posted a 12 per cent drop in first half year-on-year net profit to US$113
- Ecommerce surge experienced by UPS attributed to Covid scare
ECOMMERCE got a boost from the Covid-19 scare if the surge in online shopping posted by United Parcel Service is anything to go by, reports the...
- Turkish-Russian rapprochement 100 years after Ataturk's first letter to Lenin
- Scrubbers investment expected to have 18-month payback for megas
SOME 2,753 vessels, totalling 328
- ATA Truck Tonnage Index shows For-Hire Truck Tonnage up 3.3pc
AMERICAN Trucking Associations' advanced seasonally adjusted (SA) For-Hire Truck Tonnage Index rose 3
- 2019 cargo volumes at Port of Los Angeles fall short of record levels
THE Port of Los Angeles fell short of record year in 2019 at 9,337,632 TEU, making it the second-best year in the harbour's 113-year history
- Big cargo drones set to take off, despite regulatory hurdles
THE traditional logistics supply chain is coming under significant and diverse pressures, from environmental challenges to staff shortages, and...
- Today most US Christmas lights come from Cambodia - not China
US imports of Christmas tree lights is a shining example of the shift in manufacturing taking place in Asia as a result of the US-China trade war,...
- Hapag-Lloyd's profits soar in first 9 months of the year
HAPAG-LLOYD's earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) in the first nine months of the year soared 115 per cent to EUR643 million (US$722...
- Japan's ONE charters 9,600-TEU boxship owned by Seaspan for 36 months
HONG Kong-headquartered Seaspan Corporation has acquired a 2010-built 9,600-TEU containership that will be chartered by Japan's Ocean Network...
- Seaspan buys 9,600-TEU ship and charters it out to ONE
SEASPAN Corporation, a charter owner and operator of containerships, has purchased a 2010-built 9,600-TEU containership and entered into a fixed-rate...
- Heartland Express acquires Millis Transfer for US$150m
NASDAQ-LISTED Heartland Express has used its debt-free balance sheet and ability to generate strong cash flows to acquire dry van truckload (TL)...
- Box volumes on China's Yangtze River rise 5.3pc in H1 to 9.4m TEU
MAJOR ports located along China's Yangtze river collectively handled 1
- Boeing's 737 MAX likely to remain out of service until January 2020
THE need to remedy flight-control software problems of Boeing's 737 MAX are making it likely that the aircraft will stay grounded until January,...
- IAG commits to buy 200 new 737 MAXes for US$24 billion
IAG, one of the world's largest airline groups has announced plans to build a future fleet with the grounded and crash-prone Boeing 737 MAX with...
- South Carolina Ports container throughput in May achieves record high
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) reported its strongest May on record, with 204,457 TEU handled during the month
- March bad weather drags down ATA truck tonnage index by 2.3pc
AMERICAN Trucking Associations' (ATA) advanced seasonally (SA) adjusted For-Hire Truck Tonnage Index was down 2
- Budapest airport 2018 cargo volumes leap 14.9pc to 146,113 tonnes
BUDAPEST's Ferenc Liszt International Airport returned another record year with cargo volumes increasing 14
- Suez Canal's 2018 score with higher 18,000-TEUer throughput
THE Suez Canal Authority saw double-digit container traffic growth as well 3