HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) has unveiled its second 13,208-TEU mega vessel to join its fleet this year at a naming ceremony at...
- OOCL unveils 13,208-TEU Berlin, offering cleaner, meaner bunker burn
- CMA CGM Florida sails to Shanghai leaking oil after bulker collision
THE 5,095-TEU CMA CGM Florida has continued to Shanghai after colliding with the 175,569 dwt bulker Chou Shan, and spilling oil over an area two...
- Stone Marine Propulsions NPT Propeller Powers Seahorse 35000
Becker Marine and builders Yangzhou Guoyu has produced some excellent results for the latest Seahorse 35000 deadweight bulk carrier recently...
- Yangfan wins six boxship order
Zhejiang-based shipbuilder, Yangfan Group, has received six 2,200 teu container newbuilding orders from Afrika-Linien
- Containership Guangyangxingang Sinks Off Chinese Coast, 11 dead
The containership Guangyangxingang sank off the Chinese coast on Monday, due to bad weather and strong winds, leaving 11 crew members dead and two...
- CKYH carriers to reshuffle Asia-US east coast services from mid April
CONTAINER shipping lines that make up the CKYH "Green Alliance", namely Coscon, "K" Line, Yang Ming and Hanjin, are reorganising their service...
- G6 Alliance merges services on transpacific and forms six new loops
THE G6's six shipping lines are together co-ordinating six new services on the Asia to east coast of North America trade starting from May.
- Ship Sinks off China, Killing at Least 11 Crew - ABC News
The Maritime ExecutiveShipSinks off China, Killing at Least 11 CrewABC NewsA containershiphas sunk off the east coast of China, killing at least 11...
- Chinese commercial shipping forecasts greater use of Arctic routes
ARCTIC channels are opening to commercial shipping through a shortcut across the Arctic Ocean to the United States and Europe using ice-strengthened...
- APL takes first of ten 14,000-TEU vessels, biggest ship it operates
THE container arm of Singapore-based NOL Group, APL, has taken delivery of the first of ten 14,000-TEU ships.
- TOC talking points: Mega box ship orders expected despite overcapacity
DESPITE overcapacity, more ultra-large containerships will be ordered in the next two years, SeaIntel Maritime analyst Alan Murphy told
- CKYH to reshuffle Asia-north Europe and Asia-Mediterranean trades
CONTAINER shipping lines that make up the CKYH "Green Alliance," namely Cosco, "K" Line, Yang Ming and Hanjin Shipping, are reorganising their...
- 'Life of Pi'exclusive feature: Ship sinking - USA TODAY
'Life of Pi' exclusive feature:ShipsinkingUSA TODAYAng Lee talks about the complicated freighter sinking scene on"Life of Pi" Blu Ray and DVD...
- Transport minister signals Beijing bailout of troubled shipping sector
THE Chinese government has worked out support measures for the troubled shipping sector as it suffers mega losses, Transport Minister Yang Chuan...
- Fredriksen eyes 35 Capesize Bulkers
Reports say Fredriksen-led Frontline 2012 signed the LOI for 4+2 180,000-dwt bulkers with China's Jiangsu New Yangzi Shipbuilding.
- MSC move to Long Beach puts Oakland's container throughput at risk
THE recent news of Geneva-based carrier MSC taking a long-term lease with Hanjin's Total Terminals International at Long Beach's Pier T...
- Nantong Cosco KHI shipyard's 13,386-TEU Cosco Belgium delivered
The vessel, named "Cosco Belgium", is the first of the series of eight ships developed and built by NACKS. It is 366 metres long, 51.2 metres wide.
- Cosco Shipping starts Zhangjiagang-Brazil automobile ro-ro service
COSCO Shipping's Cosco Tengfei recently carried 947 automobiles for Brazil manufactured by Chery
- CIMC aims to broker deal in Dalian for twenty 8,800-TEU ships for MSC
SOUTH Korean shipyards are overtaking Chinese yards in gaining orders for containerships over 10,000 TEU due to space availability
- BIMCO opens in Shanghai to enhance relations with Chinese stakeholders
THE Baltic and International Maritime Council (BIMCO) officially launched its Shanghai Centre office on February 25 in Shanghai, in conjunction with...