The Iuventa ran hundreds of missions to save migrants from drowning off the coast of Libya. But after Europe cracked down on migration, its crew...
- How rescuing drowning migrants became a crime!
- Seafarers are facing a Covid-driven humanitarian crisis!
Thousands of mariners are unable to sign off from their ships, causing considerable mental agony to them and their families
- WFS expands cargo handling operations at OR Tambo with new contracts
MAJOR global ground handler Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has expanded its cargo handling operations at Johannesburg's OR Tambo International...
- Boeing to open new freighter conversion lines, receives two orders for 737-800BCF
AMERICAN aircraft manufacturer Boeing says it has received an order for two 737-800BCFs from an unidentified customer while announcing that it had...
- Kerry Logistics wins major logistics award for service excellence
HONG Kong's Kerry Logistics Network Limited has been crowned the winner of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in Hong Kong...
- Freight forwarders up in arms over Port of Felixstowe's congestion
THE Port of Felixstowe is facing severe congestion at the facility due to an increase in container volumes in the rush to beat China's Golden...
- 2M restores transpacific capacity and requests for return of empties
THE 2M Alliance has become the latest container shipping bloc to return more capacity to the transpacific trades after the two partners, Maersk and...
- Volga-Dnepr Group H1 revenue up 40pc
RUSSIA'S Volga-Dnepr Group reported that total revenue across its three airlines - Volga-Dnepr Airlines, AirBridgeCargo Airlines (ABC) and ATRAN...
- DHL Express announces 2021 rate hike of 5pc for Hong Kong and Macau
MAJOR international express service provider DHL Express has announced an average price increase of 4
- Covid-19 supply chain disruption boosts hub port role: PSA executive
THE regional CEO of Middle East South Asia and head of business development at PSA International, Wan Chee Foong, says that the supply chain...
- Viking ship runs aground off Finland, all passengers evacuated!
A ferry operated by Finnish company Viking Line has run aground in the Åland Islands waters between Finland and Sweden, Finnish authorities said.
- Starlux Airlines utilises IBS Software's iCargo platform
TAIWAN-BASED Starlux Airlines has deployed IBS Software's iCargo platform as it prepares to expand operations
- Amazon expands air fleet, narrowing gap with UPS and FedEx
AMERICAN e-commerce giant Amazon has rapidly increased its air cargo business in recent months while the airline industry may be reeling from the...
- Trump again raises idea of decoupling economy from China
US President Donald Trump again raised the idea of separating the US and Chinese economies, also known as decoupling, suggesting the United States...
- New box terminal at Namibian Port is fully operational
THE new container terminal at the Namibian Port of Walvis Bay, built between 2014 and 2019 and commissioned in August 2019, is now fully operational
- ZIM sets up ZKCyberStar with Konfidas to combat maritime cyber-attack
ISRAEL's major shipping carrier Zim is deploying its vast experience and long-standing cooperation with cybersecurity experts Konfidas to...
- DP World collaborates with Israeli firm in bid for Haifa Port
DUBAI's DP World is partnering with an Israeli group to bid for one of Israel's two main ports and to examine opening a direct shipping line...
- OOCL cancels Asia-Europe sailings due to low demand after National Day holidays
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has announced Asia-Europe sailing cancellations over the next two months
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- Warning on Xmas shipments, airfreight capacity crunch push e-commerce to sea
FLORIDA-BASED parcel delivery network for Latin America SkyPostal has sounded an alarm for disappointments at Christmas