BEIJING told a closed-door meeting of World Trade Organisation that US attempts to ban WeChat and TikTok are violations of WTO rules, reports...
- China: US bans on WeChat and TikTok in violation of WTO rules
- Twelve HMM laden 24,000-TEU ships ply Asia-Europe trade
KOREA's HMM has announced that all its twelve 24,000-TEU ships have been entirely filled with cargo on their first voyages in the Asia-Europe...
- Yanmar Receives Order for 8EY26LDF Dual Fuel Engines for Japan's First LNG Ferries!
Yanmar Receives Order for 8EY26LDF Dual Fuel Engines to Power Japan’s First LNG Ferries!
- China Eastern modifies bellyhold cargo deal with China Cargo
CHINA Eastern Airlines has modified its bellyhold freight business deal with sister carrier China Cargo Airlines, reports London's Air Cargo News
- International air freight volumes continue to fall, says IATA
AIR FREIGHT volumes fell nearly 13 per cent worldwide in August compared to last year reports the International Air Transport Association (IATA),...
- Wuhan starts scheduled cargo flights to Ethiopia with Covid aid
SCHEDULED air cargo flights from Wuhan to Addis Ababa, have commenced, reports Xinhua
- South Africa and China to revamp 10-year strategic cooperation plan
CHINA and South Africa are working on a new 10-year strategic program for cooperation, as the current one nears its end, reports Bloomberg News
- Ups and downs of Russian box traffic as Arctic volumes increase
TOTAL container throughput of all the Russian sea ports during January-August 2020 amounted to 3
- Port Houston to widen navigation channel to dock mega ships
THE existing width of Houston's ship channel of 530 feet (161 metres) makes it too difficult for 150-foot wide ships to pass each other, says...
- Aqaba's August box volume soars 20pc to 89,225 TEU
JORDAN's Aqaba Container Terminal (ACT) achieved a throughput of 89,225 TEU in August, a 20 per cent increase from 2019, reports Dubai's...
- Seafarers stranded by virus cause big increase in labour costs
SHIPOWNERS are facing rising labour costs as Covid restrictions continue to limit the movement of seafarers, reports Bloomberg News
- Fuel-leaking box ship leaves Bayonne for Staten Island for repairs
THE 6,572-TEU YM Mandate, that had been leaking fuel oil though a cracked hull near New Jersey's Bayonne Brudge, has left to undergo repairs at...
- CMA CGM names IT chief after cyber attack as IMO recovers
CMA CGM's eBusiness website remain down one week on from a ransomware attack while the website of the UN's International Maritime...
- Davies Turner climbs Sunday Times PwC Track 250 league table
Davies Turner Plc has jumped 42 places to the 119th position in the latest Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table, reports Intermodal News
- Revenue pressures continue for North American Airports and Airlines
THE Covid recovery period in the US and Canada will intensify revenue and cost pressures on North American airports and airlines, reports...
- Qatar Airways resume routes as South African Airways shuts down
QATAR Airways has announced the resumption of flights to Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg, reports the American Journal of Transportation
- US-owned Seaspan buys two 2,000-TEUers for $176 million
HONG KONG'S Seaspan Corporation, a unit of New York listed and US based Atlas Corp, has announced it has taken delivery of two 12,000-TEU ships...
- Level 4 autonomous parking starts with Human Horizons' HiPhi X
HUMAN Horizons announced the rollout of a world-first level 4 fully autonomous vehicle parking system on the HiPhi X production vehicle, reports...
- Iran's shipping revenue surpasses US$770 million a year
THE Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Line (IRISL) earned US$778 million throughout the year until June 20, reports Iranian newsite Eghtesad Online
- Post-Covid lockdown surge results in much Felixstowe congestion
BRITAIN's main container port of Felixstowe suffered trade flow disruption as traffic backed up at the quayside with truckers struggling to cope...