CHINA and South Africa are working on a new 10-year strategic program for cooperation, as the current one nears its end, reports Bloomberg News
- South Africa and China to revamp 10-year strategic cooperation plan
- Ups and downs of Russian box traffic as Arctic volumes increase
TOTAL container throughput of all the Russian sea ports during January-August 2020 amounted to 3
- Port Houston to widen navigation channel to dock mega ships
THE existing width of Houston's ship channel of 530 feet (161 metres) makes it too difficult for 150-foot wide ships to pass each other, says...
- Aqaba's August box volume soars 20pc to 89,225 TEU
JORDAN's Aqaba Container Terminal (ACT) achieved a throughput of 89,225 TEU in August, a 20 per cent increase from 2019, reports Dubai's...
- Seafarers stranded by virus cause big increase in labour costs
SHIPOWNERS are facing rising labour costs as Covid restrictions continue to limit the movement of seafarers, reports Bloomberg News
- Fuel-leaking box ship leaves Bayonne for Staten Island for repairs
THE 6,572-TEU YM Mandate, that had been leaking fuel oil though a cracked hull near New Jersey's Bayonne Brudge, has left to undergo repairs at...
- CMA CGM names IT chief after cyber attack as IMO recovers
CMA CGM's eBusiness website remain down one week on from a ransomware attack while the website of the UN's International Maritime...
- Davies Turner climbs Sunday Times PwC Track 250 league table
Davies Turner Plc has jumped 42 places to the 119th position in the latest Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table, reports Intermodal News
- Revenue pressures continue for North American Airports and Airlines
THE Covid recovery period in the US and Canada will intensify revenue and cost pressures on North American airports and airlines, reports...
- Qatar Airways resume routes as South African Airways shuts down
QATAR Airways has announced the resumption of flights to Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg, reports the American Journal of Transportation
- US-owned Seaspan buys two 2,000-TEUers for $176 million
HONG KONG'S Seaspan Corporation, a unit of New York listed and US based Atlas Corp, has announced it has taken delivery of two 12,000-TEU ships...
- Level 4 autonomous parking starts with Human Horizons' HiPhi X
HUMAN Horizons announced the rollout of a world-first level 4 fully autonomous vehicle parking system on the HiPhi X production vehicle, reports...
- Iran's shipping revenue surpasses US$770 million a year
THE Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Line (IRISL) earned US$778 million throughout the year until June 20, reports Iranian newsite Eghtesad Online
- Post-Covid lockdown surge results in much Felixstowe congestion
BRITAIN's main container port of Felixstowe suffered trade flow disruption as traffic backed up at the quayside with truckers struggling to cope...
- Iran suffers 40.6pc decline to US$9.8 billion in trade with China
IRAN's commercial exchanges with its biggest trading partner, China, hit US$9
- China's economic rebound lost momentum in September
China's economic rebound showed signs of plateauing in September, weighed down by lackluster home and car sales, a weaker stock market, and...
- LB's new Gerald Desmond Bridge has 33pc more capacity
THE Port of Long Beach replaced the Gerald Desmond Bridge with a structure that will provide 33 per cent more capacity, reports San Gabriel Valley...
- National Airlines calls up three freighters in response to capacity crunch
AMERICA's go-anywhere-anytime carriers National Airlines and National Air Cargo are bringing the first relief materials to cyclone-hit Mozambique
- Insolvent South African Airways suspends operations
OPERATIONS of South African Airways (S) were immediately suspended last week by administrators in charge of the struggling airline, reports...
- Malaysia Airlines in talks with creditors in urgent restructuring
MALAYSIA Airlines has reached out to lessors, creditors and key suppliers as part of its 'urgent' restructuring exercise as it sees little...