VICTORIA International Container Terminal (VICT) at the Port of Melbourne has been recognised by Lloyd's List for its excellence in port...
- Manila's ICTSI Australia infrastructure wins excellence award
- Forwarders show digital savvy, but face carrier, young cyber rivals
LEADING forwarders have made major advances in their online sales capabilities, but face sharp competition from digital forwarders and container...
- Capital Product Partners to spend US$163m to acquire three box ships
GREEK shipping company Capital Product Partners (CPLP) has agreed to acquire three 10,000 TEU sister container ships for US$162
- LNG-powered box ships are yet to lure switch in industry to cleaner fuels
CMA CGM shortsea subsidiary Containerships has taken delivery of its fourth liquefied natural gas-powered vessel, the 1,380 TEU Containerships Arctic
- Hapag-Lloyd buys 10pc stake in Moroccan terminal
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd has intensified its activities in Africa with the purchase of a 10 per cent stake in Container Terminal 3 (TC3) of...
- Hapag-Lloyd acquires stake in Tangier terminal as strategic container hub
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd has purchased of a 10 per cent stake in Container Terminal 3 (TC3) of the Tangier Med 2 as part of its...
- Dredging increases Hamburg container volumes 7pc over 9 months
HAMBURG port's container throughput rose by 6
- Cheaper bunker makes scrubbers king and leaves blends, LNG behind
LOWER fuel costs have given ocean carriers a break with a 3
- Container contract rate decline appears to have ended: Xeneta data
A CONTINUING downward trend on long-term contracted ocean rates appears to have ended for the moment with increases in November, reports Xeneta
- Russia's Rosatom to start Arctic container shipping with US$7 billion
RUSSIA's state-owned Rosatom Group has been holding talks with VTB Bank to secure US$7 billion in funds to acquire up to 55 ice-class...
- Container tonnage withdrawn from N Asia-Oz trade to firm up rates
CONTAINER shipping lines plan to remove 4,500 TEU of weekly capacity on the North Asia-China-Australia trade lane and take five classic panamax ships...
- Port of Hamburg cargo tops all on Northern Range, says port authority
THE Port of Hamburg seaborne cargo increased 3
- Hapag-Lloyd imposes charge on truck moves at Vancouver port
GERMAN shipping line Hapag-Lloyd has announced that further to its earlier notice concerning the Vancouver, British Columbia - Local Drayage under...
- Hapag-Lloyd's profits soar in first 9 months of the year
HAPAG-LLOYD's earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) in the first nine months of the year soared 115 per cent to EUR643 million (US$722...
- Mark Frese to take over as new chief financial officer at Hapag-Lloyd
GERMANY's Hapag-Lloyd AG has appointed Mark Frese to its executive board, effective from November 25
- Hapag-Lloyd starts new and faster NE Asia to Australia service (NAX)
HAPAG-LLOYD has announced that it will be one of the vessel operators on the new North East Asia Australia Express (NAX) service
- Hapag-Lloyd expands Atlantic Loop 3 fleet on US-Europe service
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd has announced it is expanding its Atlantic Loop 3 Service (AL3) fleet, which operates between the US and Europe,...
- ICTSI wins US$93.6 million from ILWU dockers for unlawful practices
UNLAWFUL labour practices by the International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) was the substantial cause of the Port of Portland, Oregon, losing...
- Durban docks first ship on Hapag-ONE new Mideast Asia-Africa service
SOUTH AFRICA's Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) and Transnet Ports Terminals (TPT) welcomed the first vessel to arrive at the Port of...
- Danaos quarterly profit falls 73pc to US$33.9 million as sales slip 5pc
CONTAINERSHIP charter firm Danaos third quarter net profit fell 73 per cent year on year to US$33