CONTAINER shipping lines and freight forwarders are keeping business operations to a minimum through at least the first week of February as...
- Coronavirus triggers spate of void sailings as demand dives
- Roberto Giannetta new chairman of HK Liner Shipping Association
THE Hong Kong Liner Shipping Association (HKLSA) has appointed Roberto Giannetta as its new chairman with immediate effect
- Box fleet to hit 24 million TEU with return of scrubber-fitted vessels
THE global container shipping fleet is forecast to increase in size by 3
- CEVA shakes up senior executive line-up as part of restructuring
FRANCE's CMA CGM Group is undergoing a major restructuring in a bid to return CEVA Logistics to profitability, one year after it launched a...
- Drewry calls on liners to exercise restraint when ordering new ships
DREWRY Maritime Research predicts that 1
- OOCL announces raft of cancelled Chinese New Year transpacific sailings
COSCO's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) has cancelled numbers of transpacific sailings in response to the annual Chinese New Year slowdown,...
- CMA CGM levies US$500/TEU hike on Asia-West Africa cargo February 17
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will levy a rate increase of US$500 per TEU on all cargo from Asia bound for West African ports from February 17
- New Orleans boasts another record, up 10pc to 648,538 TEU in 2019
THE Port of New Orleans moved more containers in 2019 than at any time in its history, totalling 648,538 TEU, up 10 per cent year on year, reported...
- CMA CGM offers matchmaking Networking Intermediation Services
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has announced the launch of its Networking Intermediation Services, as the 'first and only business matchmaking...
- Ocean Alliance revises east-west service schedules for greater capacity
THE Ocean Alliance has been making amendments to its Day 4 product on its east-west trade network, with the changes set to be implemented from this...
- Puerto Aguadulce starts operations with biggest box ship call in Colombia
THE 13,892-TEU APL Esplanade has called at Puerto Aguadulce, making it the nation's biggest box ship to call in Colombia to date, before she...
- Container lines blank more sailings to match demand, bolster rates
THE downturn in US-China trade is prompting major container shipping lines to scrap an expanding number of weekly transpacific sailings
- Ocean Alliance offers faster east-west service with more calls
OCEAN Alliance members CMA CGM, Cosco, Evergreen and OOCL (now part of the Cosco group) are to start their new Day 4 east-west trade network...
- Dunkirk becomes the first French port to offer 'cold ironing' for box ships
THE channel port of Dunkirk has become the first in France to offer shore power to shipping lines
- Maritime Strategies International predicts box shipping rates to rise
MARITIME Strategies International (MSI) anticipates declines in December in container spot rates could pave the way for higher rates on mainline...
- CMA CGM launches 'The Hub' digital centre development in Lebanon
CMA CGM in Lebanon has recruited 20 digital specialists, including blockchain architects, API specialist and cybersecurity experts
- CMA CGM's Asia-North Africa US$250/TEU peak season surcharge
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has levied an immediate peak season surcharge of US$250 per TEU on cargo from Asia to North African destinations in...
- Hapag-Lloyd cancels six Chinese New Year Asia-to-Oz/NZ sailings
GERMANY's shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd will be cancelling a number of sailings from Asia to New Zealand and Australia in late January and February...
- Phase 1 of US$452 million Kingston port modernisation nearly done
THE US$452 million port modernisation project is moving towards completion in Kingston, remaking Jamaica's big port, reports the Jamaica Observer
- CMA CGM hikes Asia to South Africa rate US$150/TEU January 13.
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will levy a rate increase of US$150 per TEU on cargo from Asia to South Africa effective January 13