CONTRACTED truckload volumes in the US are up five per cent year on year, even though imports and intermodal volumes plunged in February and March
- US trucking markets hold firm, but fears of falling spending will squeeze cargo loads
- Airfreight rates to hit US$10/kg; more rises as demand surges
FORWARDERS are anticipating ad hoc airfreight rates of US$10 per kilogramme, as shippers become desperate to release goods from China with little or...
- Box volume at LA port plunges 23pc in Feb amid coronavirus scare
THE Port of Los Angeles, the busiest port in the US by both container volume and cargo value, has experienced a significant decline in cargo movement...
- Coronavirus outbreak drives up inactive container ships to all-time high
THE number of unemployed container ships is now at an all-time high, due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the delay in scrubber installations at Chinese...
- Asia-US west coast box shipping lanes are stripping 7,000 TEU of capacity in May
CAPACITY on Asia-US container shipping routes will be reduced by 7,000 TEU per week from May, says Alphaliner
- Cathay offers cargo only passenger flights as China airfreight rates surge
AIRFREIGHT rates from China increased rapidly last week as demand from China begins to ramp up but spare capacity remains tight
- Coronavirus delays South Africa's pear-export agreement with China
THE coronavirus outbreak has delayed South Africa's pear-export agreement with China next month, according to Jacques du Preez, general manager...
- CMA CGM liftings up in 2019, but ends up with a net deficit of US$229m
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM Group has posted a net loss of US$229 million for 2019, compared with a profit of $34 million in 2018
- Backhaul US, Europe box shipping rates go up, headhaul rates hold constant
A CAPACITY shortage is looming over cargo shipments due to the outbreak of the coronavirus that triggered the cancellation of a stack of fronthaul...
- Coronavirus is 'hugely disruptive' to global shipping supply chains
THE coronavirus outbreak is causing supply chain disruptions that are placing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of shipping business in jeopardy,...
- China's handset shipments plummet nearly 40pc in January, virus blamed
MOBILE phone shipments in China nosedived 38
- Box carriers suffer US$2b loss as volumes plunge 1.9m TEU
THE coronavirus outbreak has so far cost container shipping lines US$2 billion in lost revenue, after volumes plummeted by 1
- Air cargo demand falls 9pc in Feb due to coronavirus: CLIVE Data
RESEARCH by CLIVE Data Services shows that global air cargo volumes for February are nine per cent below the level seen in 2019, mainly due to the...
- China Jan-Feb imports and exports down as virus batters trade and business
CHINA's exports contracted sharply in the first two months of the year, and imports declined, as the coronavirus outbreak caused massive...
- Davies Turner resumes Express China rail freight service for containers
DAVIES Turner has announced that its fixed-day, weekly direct rail import service from China to the UK will re-commence in the middle of this month
- Chinese ports enter coronavirus recovery phase: CMA CGM
THE world's fourth largest container shipping line by market share, CMA CGM, has said cargo traffic at major Chinese ports is recovering after...
- Major US ports see container traffic shrink in January
THE US-China trade war, the prolonged Lunar New Year factory shutdown combined with the coronavirus outbreak worldwide squeezed container volumes at...
- Wan Hai spends US$187m on a pair of PIL boxships
TAIWAN's regional carrier Wan Hai Lines is to purchase a pair of container carriers from Singapore's Pacific International Lines (PIL)
- Coronavirus to cost container shipping industry US$1.7bn in lost revenue
THE global shipping industry risks losing an estimated US$1
- Coronavirus outbreak causes havoc on South Korea's shipping sector
CONTAINER shipping volumes between China and South Korea have plummeted owing to the coronavirus outbreak that has prolonged the Lunar New Year...